What is your favorite tiny detail in CW3?

Started by Nephthys, December 16, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

Quote from: Kingo on January 08, 2014, 08:51:04 PM
It was really a smart idea from Virgil to make the connections change color based on energy and other factors, IMO.

If I recall rightly, that was actually a beta member's idea, I think J's.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Flabort

Quote from: Clean0nion on January 09, 2014, 04:40:25 PMI don't even know who would use the option to hide them
Well, now that I know about it, assuming it can be toggled quickly.
Be useful once I've overbuilt my reactor farm, and am not worried about energy any more; if I see the wires go red at that point, I could just call it up again. But I doubt I'll actually do that much.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

RockyRaccoon

Quote from: Grauniad on January 03, 2014, 05:20:03 PM
1. You can grab the shadow of the unit to adjust it's placement.
4. Drag-build of a line of collectors (shields and nullifier optional :)) 

Definitely two of my favourites.

Also, the Terp 'brushes' come in sizes that are needed. i.e. 1x1 for walls, 3x3 for most things, 5x5 for titans, and 9x9 for the CN.

Asbestos

I also love that Bertha shots have shadows and fading trails of smoke.

Flabort

Come to think of it, also how the Bertha gun barrel slams backwards so hard after it's big shots. Really emphasizes how powerful it is.

Also, the triple shots on the PZ. First time I saw it, I was like, whoah....
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Yinan

I like that the Bertha shots fly in a ballistic curve and not straight. Adds a lot to the realism :)

Grauniad

Quote from: Flabort on January 18, 2014, 12:00:24 AM
Come to think of it, also how the Bertha gun barrel slams backwards so hard after it's big shots. Really emphasizes how powerful it is.

Also, the triple shots on the PZ. First time I saw it, I was like, whoah....

Well yes, but that's not a "tiny* detail, it's huge... :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Clean0nion

One of the things I don't like is how a Guppy won't build another Guppy.

But one of the things I do like is how you can rename a Shield Key so it displays something different when you collect it

Asbestos

Sorry for necrobump, but:
Blasters fling off little spent casings every time they fire. Has anybody ever noticed that?

Devourer

My favorite thing is terps. Just everything about terps. I always hated having to accommodate to the terrain and even though I don't use terps a lot, having them there increases my enjoyment of the game SO much.

One thing I don't like, since I'm here: I miss hotkeys.

Michionlion

hotkeys are still here... have a look at the keybindings menu.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

4xC

Above all, I favor CPRL Super Weapons. (Field Beam, Pyramids, Golems, etc.)
C,C,C,C

Nephthys

Quote from: Asbestos on April 12, 2014, 01:22:56 PM
Blasters fling off little spent casings every time they fire. Has anybody ever noticed that?

Are you sure? I've squinted as much as I can  :) and I can't see spent casings. Just the flash of the bullets. Maybe you could post a screenshot?

planetfall

It's a little easier to see on a power zone.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Nephthys

Ah, now I see! Thanks!  :)   That's just amazing.

In the latest version, I really like the addition of the markers showing not only WHAT was lost but WHERE it was lost. I know several comments besides mine mentioned frustration over hearing the explosion & not knowing what just blew up, so I bet a lot of other players appreciate this as well.