Custom Map #7519: Gold Fields. By: Iron John Logan

Started by AutoPost, July 01, 2019, 07:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7519: Gold Fields

Author: Iron John Logan
Size: 186x250

Desc:
The humans stole our prized gold fields and are mining OUR ore! We have to retake these before they complete their deffences!

renelm

Apparently I'm the only one who can't make it across to the island in the middle after getting the top area (and CN) down... I've tried converting all but one PZ to spore towers and concentrated them on one beamer at a time, but none of the spores ever reach the edge of the island before getting shot down.. and all the beamers recharge to 100% before next waver.. top island took me 1½ hours game time and I see the average time for this map is under an hour .. sigh.. I'm an idition, not compatible with this game mode..

renelm

Tried restarting the map to see if I could 'trick' the mortars near the first CN to 'spill' creeper into the void towards the next islands.. no such luck.. Stuck again with the beamers on PZs that shoot down any attempt at bridging with spores... any tips??

PS: I keep getting '... lost'-messages from things thast are trying to rebuild in areas that are covered in creep and digitalis. Feature/bug?

RrR

Quote from: renelm on July 04, 2019, 05:10:25 AM
Tried restarting the map to see if I could 'trick' the mortars near the first CN to 'spill' creeper into the void towards the next islands.. no such luck.. Stuck again with the beamers on PZs that shoot down any attempt at bridging with spores... any tips??

PS: I keep getting '... lost'-messages from things thast are trying to rebuild in areas that are covered in creep and digitalis. Feature/bug?

TO proceed
Spoiler
Destroy some of the digitalis that is over the void (press T) to spill the digitalis.
[close]

"Lost" messages can be fixed by turning off notifications

renelm

Twi

I'm just happy to have more PAC maps, honestly. I am a simple man of simple tastes, what can I say  :P
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

isj4

Quote from: Twi on July 04, 2019, 10:36:05 AM
I'm just happy to have more PAC maps, honestly. I am a simple man of simple tastes, what can I say  :P

The standard CW3 mode is fun, but in PAC maps it is just sooo satisfying to swamp a CM in creeper :-)
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

Iron John Logan

Renelm
When digitalis full of creep press T while in the build digitalis mode (white courser will switch to red). this will release all the built up creeper into the void. Switch back again quickly to build new digitalis to bridge the gaps

hbarudi

Got 3 powerzones and that is it can't progress given their strong firepower when it usually takes more than twice as much creeper to get a powerzone not to mention the powerzone with the beam on it denying me access to using phantoms on those areas.

RrR

Quote from: hbarudi on July 13, 2019, 09:12:00 PM
Got 3 powerzones and that is it can't progress given their strong firepower when it usually takes more than twice as much creeper to get a powerzone not to mention the powerzone with the beam on it denying me access to using phantoms on those areas.

If you have three powerzones, you can
Spoiler
destroy the PZ beam in the void to the south by pushing creeper onto the digitalis and then destroing/regrowing the digitalis
[close]