Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #581: Metal Space

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 500x200

Desc:
Beware, there's metal in space #NoPRPL

Sorrontis

I'll say this one is... medium difficulty with a tough ending.

Building Experiment 20 is likely a must. I couldn't do it without that beast.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

Sickle_Moon ... how? I was thinking omni rush to the progenitor, but I couldn't do it.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

strigvir

You could make the mine at the center to give at least 1 energy, because all guppies on Exp.20 flock to it and float around not collecting anything.

Sorrontis

They should be collecting energy. All mines have access to all energy. Unless there's been an update.

strigvir

Sorrontis

Maybe it's due to a bug fix that V did in the beta? Shoot.... you can destroy it and not rebuild it and they'll (guppes) travel further...
Send me your save file?

strigvir

https://mega.nz/#!aEtXiJ5B!qQ4sS_FJznR4VvWIhkSrGovWruL-yz-jV4qaKO2zm7U
I am not running any betas btw. I do recall reading something about guppies not interacting well with either 0 energy mines or mines with 0 coverage.
EDIT: Yep, it's no-range mines, since guppies refueled just fine from 0 energy mines at the end.

Sorrontis

Quote from: strigvir on January 27, 2017, 08:35:18 PM
https://mega.nz/#!aEtXiJ5B!qQ4sS_FJznR4VvWIhkSrGovWruL-yz-jV4qaKO2zm7U
I am not running any betas btw. I do recall reading something about guppies not interacting well with either 0 energy mines or mines with 0 coverage.
EDIT: Yep, it's no-range mines, since guppies refueled just fine from 0 energy mines at the end.

Okay, that's probably why. I'm running a beta. I'll test it this weekend.

GoodMorning

Versioning aside, I took this at a lazy pace. Omnis are fun to use as the "heroes" for most of it.

Sorrontis, one port is irritating at the beginning. Also, the entire right-hand could be taken with the two capital ships and the lathe-craft. And I only brought in the non-power-supply supercapital to bother the opposing ships.

Also, the "gather forces from uncontested blueprints" is something to only do once - with initial Omnis, it might be possible to hold the right, making for an interesting strategic situation (as it's not possible to rush that Progenitor).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.