Custom Map #582: Ticon Empire: The Raise. By: ts

Started by AutoPost, January 26, 2017, 02:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #582: Ticon Empire: The Raise

Author: ts
Size: 500x500

Desc:
The Ticon Empire is joung and expanding. Play as the commander of the Ticon fleet and bring this civilisation to greatness. PS:Sorry for my English, I'm German.

yum-forum

Interesting map. So many enemies ships... and only 2+3 LATHEs.
For me was difficult to attack land (I am not understood that red mine also enemy which necessarily must be destroyed).
Thank You and großen Dank!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

thumbmaster

I wish the other big ships were pre-built as well. I literally fell asleep when waiting for the other carrier to build.  :P   The main base was never in any serious danger during that time. I think it was about 10 mins real time at 4x game speed. After the bigger ships were built, advancing and attacking was easy and fun. I was steamrolling over enemy ships like they were made of tissue.  ;D   The grabbers never had much use as were the smaller ships like Destroyers and Missiles. Also, having to neutralize all the ground energy mines got a bit tedious. I love big epic maps and this one was fun but it just took too long for the ships to build. I will try the other maps in this series.
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

GoodMorning

I would like to enjoy this. However, I can only leave feedback for the future:

I required three ships: The modified HQ, one of the mega-tankers, one of the MK7 ships. Everything else sat at base (one mini lathe to the amp factory, the other to speed the attack fleet). Omnis for the main land, which was vary easy to take.

Strategy minimal: Down the left, (HQ having taken the middle while the others built), over the main set of ship spawners, up at the right to the big opponent, forget victory condition, try various things until I destroy the enemy mines.

Watch the game run at a cracking 13fps for most of the map, improving to 4fps at 4x speed.

So, advice:
Fewer (more powerful?) enemy ships, smaller map, the planet has a lot of useless land (if there's enough land depth to be out of lathe range, more is pointless. More lathe-craft on the player side, and much smaller ships. Award more amp gems immediately, and don't pre-place them on techs (as there is an issue that sometimes causes the tech efficiency to stick at 0%).

That's about it - at the end, parts became enjoyable,  but by-and-large it was slow-motion steamrolling.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.