Suspicious Scores and Inappropriate Names

Started by knucracker, September 02, 2014, 10:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BilboGCL

CW3, S100_128 : Urpool
Suspicious score
Username: Ultra Blitzkrieg
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

BilboGCL

CW3 - Colonial Space - map#6763, Alphabet T by AuronGrande
Username: Skubidu

BilboGCL

CW 3, S100_55: Tauuco (and more)
puka the record breaker

Aesher

Suspicious scores;
Name: For Fun
Maps: Multiple Colonial Space maps
Comments: Any map with energy and/or Totems available gets a consistent lower score than anyone else, I use other player scores as benchmarks (especially players like D0m0nik, RrR, etc)

Map 6849 - 11:12.2 (might be legit)
Map 6846 - 13:52.2
Map 6843 - 10:28.0
Map 6833 - 13:07.8
Map 6583 - 7:29.2
And others

kathis

Suspicious Scores
Prospector Zone : S100_111: Saxojawan

Name: Slaanesh  Time: 0:02.0
Name: Tobias of the Q  time: 0:02.0

There are several maps with these impossible 2 second scores.  and I have been seeing them through several maps in the Prospector Zone and Tormented Space.

marvinitfox

Suspicious score:
CW3. Colonial space. Map # 8066
User Nofear time 45.7

There is no way to neutralize all the targets in this time. Emitter creep will destroy any neutralizer placed near within range of it, within seconds (before the CN can even land)

Aesher

Suspicious scores, colonial space maps.

Map 8675
Nofear - 3:01.7
Fireswamp - 4:44.7 (Might be legitimate, a lot of their scores are low but have matched up with other players.)

Map 8672
Diesel - 6:31.0

Map 8658
3700X - 0:02.0 (literally impossible to be legitimate)

Map 8627
FatRatKnight - 4:35.9

Map 8621
Zerostage - 3:51.3

Map 8619
FatRatKnight - 2:59.2
GoodGriefAAAARGH - 3:34.1

Aesher

Suspicious scores/blatant cheating
Colonial Space Map 8718
NoFearUSucK 0:00.2
NoFear 1:06.4

Helper

Suspicious scores, DMD
diesel 2:06.3
map 1208 Yummy DMD

TrickyPlayer

Reaction to some suspicious scores I think should be possible. I react to this because I know my own levels, so I can see a bit more options than most others.

Map 8627 possible score? (Already removed)
Spoiler

(already removed, player got a new time of 9 minutes which seems very possible to me)FatRatKnight - 4:35.9
-> You can actually get that score if you get energy production and semi-suicide send in some shields. I haven't tested it, but it seems possible to me, especially with the stupid power zones I placed. Even with that strategy, I think it would take me somewhat over 5 minutes. Thing is, the score seems possible, but you would need to plan ahead a lot. I think this score is: Uncertain (Might be possible, but I don't really think much of the chances)
[close]

Map 8619 possible score? (Already removed)
(Removed already)
Spoiler
FatRatKnight - 2:59.2
GoodGriefAAAARGH - 3:34.1
-> you can theoretically try to go for the corner right away, ignoring the intended route. As the creeper's power scales to amount of terrain covered but reversed, it might be possible. The script is also slightly random(It might not do anything for a few seconds in a row if you are lucky.). It would take a pretty extreme amount of attempts and pauses though. Another thing to note is that the spores scale way more extremely than the creeper emitting. I would say, these scores are: Plausible until tested? (If after testing it finds out not to work, just pretend I never mentioned this.)
[close]

Just thought I would say this (And I can no longer delete my post now that I already posted it, only edit)

zerostage somehow got 2 minutes at map 8619, I think that is getting very questionable.

Map 8723
Everyone with a time above trickygamer''s score (Hey, that's me!) has a huge gap with the other players, more than 7 minutes. Pretty sure something fishy is going on then...
I think times of less than 3 minutes should not be possible, though I am not sure.

Map 8735
0:09:2 (FatRatKnight again)
This level literally only has the cursor. it should be VERY easy to find out if this score is possible. It only needs pressing N instead of P. Suspicious but maybe, just maybe it is possible.

For the sake of preventing this post from getting too long, I put the rest of the post under a spoiler. I haven't even checked all of my levels yet, and there are already this much results that I have to cut it short.
Spoiler
Map 8744:
Orbital Strike(player's name) has a time lower than the time needed to nullify an emitter. The level contains some regular emitters, thus the score is invalid for sure.

Map 8746
Orbital Strike has a time of 3 seconds. I know the level is completely broken, but I am quite certain you can't get 3 seconds (also because 5 other people got 10.3 seconds somehow...)

Map 8758
This level's theme is making it hard to progress, and zerostage got a time of 4 minutes?
That score isn't legit for sure, unless they found a bug/glitch.

Map 8762
zerostage got a time of 15 minutes. I am pretty sure that is not possible, but I am not 100% sure, only 90%.

Map 8767
zerostage got a time of 10 minutes. I did 15 minutes myself with the most turtle strategy ever, I placed reactors everywhere. Might be legit.

seems like zerostage does this a lot... either this person has 300IQ or it is an AI programmed to play this game somehow. Or, of course, maybe they are just not playing legit.

Map 8769
You probably guessed it at this point, but zerostage got an unbelievable score again, just under 1 minute. (Though it would be possible if they got really lucky with the random terrain, but that is only theoretical and it would take over a million plays for sure.)
[close]
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Helper

TrickyPlayer

CS 8804

Level is probably not possible, and if the level is possible it probably can't be done in the times that are currently at the scores. Beating the level would need a lot of build speed and at least 2-4 singularities active for quite a few seconds. I didn't do the math, but I have a feeling that the level isn't possible unless there is some sort of strange save/load stuff going on. I think the level needs to be tested before (possibly) removing it, though that is just my opinion. In any case, looking at the level should probably be done, and not just to play it for fun.

edit: Level and scores might be possible to win. I can no longer remove this post, so I'll just leave this here.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Helper

Helper

DMD 8908
Owner name.

Do we really want an owner name of "(TwoRudeWords)" showing up?

TrickyPlayer

Cw3 Colonial space
Map 8894

Any score under 23 minutes is impossible.
Some people have scores/times under 23 minutes, thus they are cheating.
I'm 90% certain this conclusion makes sense.

Maybe it's possible if you have like 20 berthas, but I don't think anyone is going to put that much effort in a level.

In addition, FatRatKnight and zerostage already have had quite some suspicious scores. (It might be subjective to say this, but I have this completely unreasonable feeling that zack might not be cheating. I'm probably the only person with that feeling though.)

Actually, zerostage seems to get obviously impossible scores quite frequently.