Custom Map #292: The ancient series part 1: The Laboratory

Started by AutoPost, October 08, 2011, 09:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #292: The ancient series part 1: The Laboratory

Author: FreeForTaking

Desc:
The Ancient Series Part One: The Laboratory The creeper have now been under human control for nearly 30 years, the recolonization of all the lost worlds have been successfull and the human civilization is rising to new peaks again! But at a barren research facility where the humans study the creepers and tries to create a new form of creeper reactor, something goes very wrong! Suddenly the creepers overflows the entire facility, and the only hope for the trapped humans is to build up a power grid at the surface to energize defences enough to hold the creeper back!

UmberGryphon

I don't remember seeing an explanation for why we don't have launchers in this map... and the introductory text had a lot of grammar mistakes (maybe the author's first language isn't English?)... but once I settled down to play, it was a lot of fun.  Looking forward to more.

FreeForTaking

Thx man! :)

I'm not English, so i actually now have to (even if i hate doing this) apologize for my English xD
But for the launcher, i didn't find out a good way to explain that, but i might do that later on in the series ;)

And the second part is on It's way, the map is now designed, but custom graphics and story is being worked on so I'll try to get it out ASAP!

Fisherck

Quote from: FreeForTaking on October 08, 2011, 09:55:56 PM

I'm not English, so i actually now have to (even if i hate doing this) apologize for my English xD
But for the launcher, i didn't find out a good way to explain that, but i might do that later on in the series ;)

And the second part is on It's way, the map is now designed, but custom graphics and story is being worked on so I'll try to get it out ASAP!

Your English is actually pretty good then. Your map has less mistakes than most make in the introductory text (I would know, I'm a mapmod). ;) And I am very impressed with your tiles. 8) If you don't mind sharing them, I am sure people would love to use it. You can post them on this thread...
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7771.0

Keep up the Map Making! I am looking forward to seeing more of them. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

FreeForTaking

Quote from: Fisherck on October 08, 2011, 10:09:34 PM

Your English is actually pretty good then. Your map has less mistakes than most make in the introductory text (I would know, I'm a mapmod). ;) And I am very impressed with your tiles. 8) If you don't mind sharing them, I am sure people would love to use it. You can post them on this thread...
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7771.0

Keep up the Map Making! I am looking forward to seeing more of them. :)

Thx there to! :D

For the tiles, I just have the parts that I used, but I can post those parts a little later on ;)
I'm also glad that you liked them, first time doing graphics for anything whatsoever :P

And more maps will come, at least until I run out of ideas :P

mopa42

I haven't used that many blasters at once before!
Interesting choice of which techs are available. My first thought was ok, I'll use some repulsors to protect the bottom, maybe build a second layer of shields to buy time, then bring out the launchers ... but no repulsors, no shields, no launchers.
Overall, fun challenge of using what's given to win.

DethbyIT

Concur on the 'fun' comments - great game and thank you for putting it together.

Ignore the comments about your grammar skills and relish the fact that you made a fun game.
See you around.
dbit

Cavemaniac

I'm not English, so i actually now have to (even if i hate doing this) apologize for my English

You shouldn't have to apologise. You speak English better than I speak non-English!

I love the international nature of Creeper World and enjoy the occasional inclusion of broken English (sometimes shattered and completely mangled too!) which emphasises it's broad appeal.

What I can't stand is lzy txt talk, wer ppl jus typ whatver they feelz lik, takin libertiz wit spelln, and it looks like a kitten tap-danced on their keyboard...

;)

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

DethbyIT

"...and it looks like a kitten tap-danced on their keyboard..."

LOL!

FreeForTaking

Thx everyone for your positive feedback! :D
I hope that the next map will be as fun to play, and hopefully can I submit it tomorrow!

And for my English...
I know that I'm not that good at grammar, but I'm much better at speaking ;)

And the last thing:
I'd like to have someone that tests my maps and tell me what they think, so if any of you feel interested, just send me a message! :)

Colin

Good job on this map!

I have never tried pushing the Creeper back with
ONLY blasters before, because I usually use Anti-
Creeper, repulsars and launchers to help.

I like maps that constantly endanger the LS, and
I had to re-try the map 3-4 times at the
beginning because I didn't have repulsars.  :D

I'm interested to see part 2, keep up the good
work!
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

SmileyCoder

At first I thought it was a trivial map, until i found that I couldn't use Anti-creeper, repulsors and so on.

To make the atmosphere more believable, you might want to explain WHY those techs are not available, if possible.

My first language is also not English, that said, if you would like someone to read through your text, your welcome to contact me.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Colin

Quote from: SmileyCoder on October 10, 2011, 07:32:17 AM
To make the atmosphere more believable, you might want to explain WHY those techs are not available, if possible.

Now, maybe he doesn't have all of the tech
because this is a laboratory, and they aren't
the military so they only have access to a
small portion of the tech?  :P

To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

FreeForTaking

Quote from: Colin on October 09, 2011, 07:56:53 PM
Good job on this map!

I have never tried pushing the Creeper back with
ONLY blasters before, because I usually use Anti-
Creeper, repulsars and launchers to help.

I like maps that constantly endanger the LS, and
I had to re-try the map 3-4 times at the
beginning because I didn't have repulsars.  :D

I'm interested to see part 2, keep up the good
work!

Thx man, it seems as it was a good idea to disable tech, i sure will implement it later on too! :D

Quote from: SmileyCoder on October 10, 2011, 07:32:17 AM
At first I thought it was a trivial map, until i found that I couldn't use Anti-creeper, repulsors and so on.

My first language is also not English, that said, if you would like someone to read through your text, your welcome to contact me.

I know that i didn't tell so much about everything, but it's coming ;)

Btw, part two is on it's way up, so please check it out to and leave a comment about it (when it's done submitting ;))

Katra

I too went looking for repulsors, launchers, and shields only to find they weren't available. Managed to keep building with just a small deficit (watching my ammo bars to gauge how fast to build  ;)) until I had reactors or tech domes in all available space. Then it's a test of how good you are at directing a steady advance. (the only mass move I did was to redeploy after taking out the right bottom emitter.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!