Add new maps to the game

Started by SPIFFEN, January 06, 2010, 10:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIFFEN

To keep players active , there should be added new maps in new version of the game .
A score board for custom maps would help ,
and a good custom map could be added in the game every month or something .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Aurzel

you dont need to add new maps to the game when you have easy access to many custom maps on this site

SPIFFEN

A score board for custom maps would help ,
it should keep players more intressted to continue playing .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

Quote from: Aurzel on January 06, 2010, 11:01:09 AM
you dont need to add new maps to the game when you have easy access to many custom maps on this site

The quality, consistency and playability of the custom maps are all over the place. They don't all have the same look and feel as the in-game maps.

I think what would be nice is if Virgil released a Weekly (or oven better, Daily) Map-of-the-week (or Day).  He can choose from al lthe custom maps, it should just be a series or whatever some maps that show consistent playability.

Aurzel

just play one map from my campaign each week :P

knucracker

I've thought about picking out a fav map of the week or something like that....
But I really hate to play favorites and disappoint someone by not picking their map.  I'm know I should be cold hearted about it but I hate to play favorites.

Now some maps irritate me when they clearly aren't even played by the author.  I try to reject most of those before they even go up.  And some of the ones that go up do have much more thought put into them than others.

I guess maybe there could be a poll on the forums each week or so to vote for a fav map.  But this would require a mod to do the poll and to identify the "top 10" maps of the week to put into the poll.  And right now there are 9 maps per day that I'm posting (and I'm still getting behind).

Mrmcdeath

Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

mothwentbad

Hmmmm. A "best of" to optionally go along with the game download after the next update or something wouldn't hurt. That way, you don't have to leave out any favorites. Maybe you could do a combination of yours and our choices. Or maybe this can wait until a few weeks after the game and map editor are in final form? I don't know.

Aurzel

well we could have a topic where people nominate maps and then we can hold the poll with the first 10 nominations