Full Game Online

Started by Brandon_R, January 01, 2010, 12:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon_R

Just like the simulator is flash based and worked online can the full game be made for online also? That way i can pass time at lunch from my PC at work because i can't install any programs.

Thanks.

Kamron3

I'd think it'd be too easily pirated. I've tried loading just the Main.swf and it wouldn't work.

_k

Brandon_R

I guess i'll have to play the simulator at work and the full game at home :( Lemme know if this works out.

betadata

its small enough to install on a flash dive install in on a drive and plug it on the work pc. not exactly sure if this would work because of adobe air.

Mrmcdeath

What I did is download Creeper World on my computer and then copy the creeper world file. I put this copied file into a flash drive and it is still on there. I have not tested it yet to see if it works. This will be an interesting experience.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

betadata

Quote from: Mrmcdeath on January 01, 2010, 04:02:48 PM
What I did is download Creeper World on my computer and then copy the creeper world file. I put this copied file into a flash drive and it is still on there. I have not tested it yet to see if it works. This will be an interesting experience.

I think you will need AIR also on the flash. So installing the same to the flashdrive may be a better solution.

knucracker

The game uses features of AIR that won't work in a browser.  I had to strip that stuff out to get the training sim to work online.  So it's not really possible to create a browser version of the whole game without changing a bunch of stuff so it works in a security sandbox.

Jobran

The thing with the Flash Drive will work, i've done it too. You can download AIR from adobe.com^^

Aurzel

i've tried transfering creeperworld, if you load up the folder onto a drive or usb or something this wont transfer your saved data (highscores etc) but you just need to load the creeper world main and it will install it onto the new computer (assuming you still have your password from when you bought the game