Main Menu

Shields

Started by Ranakastrasz, December 31, 2009, 11:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranakastrasz

I was thinking of shields as a addition to the game. They would be another weapon type. They would get power from weapon packets like any other weapon. they would have a rapid attack that removes all creep in range at a packet cost proportional to the amount of creep. (nothing happens if there is not enough packets) They would be immobile, and have a limited build-able amount.

This method would make them useful for defence only, as they cannot relocate.

They may not exactly seem to be shields, as they remove the creep, rather than blocking it, so instead of removing it, it could move it to the shields perimeter, or when the creep tries to spread there, it doesn't, and removes weapon packets from the shield. (If a creep spore drops creep inside the shields radius, the creep will be destroyed)

Ranakastrasz

Yes, i looked at your list, but there are only names for the ideas, so for most of them, i dont know what they are. There is no information for any of them. (the links seem to be invalid)

Kamron3

You will most likely have to read thru the forum to get the info you are looking for,

_k

superzip

Kamron3

Because NOTHING was on those but:

"This is a link to this"

I will add more stuff later!!!!

_k

Ranakastrasz

I realize there was already ideas like this one, but none of them appeared to be well explained. So I explained exactly how it would work.

thomaswarner

I think that if we have an idea for a similar thing, we should post it in the thread that was there first, and put out ideas there. Then people can post what they'd like so later it can become one good idea that might work into the game.

nic nac

My shield idea only incorporated it for the city, I honestly didn't think of a plow or wall.
I'd be nice if you could submerge your base below the creep with this, but only for a limited time as the pressure will rise and you'll run out of power to soon.
logical S... means big S... - me

superzip

the base can do that already, it will lose HP when the creeper it on top of it, there are a Green/red circle in the middle of the base shoving the HP,

Aurzel

you should have posted this idea in the other topic so as not to clutter the forums