New way to use the game!!!

Started by TheBuilder, December 30, 2009, 09:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBuilder

Right this is just so that theres an actual page to go to ill get bakc to it later, but dont worry my idea is WAY OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!!

cuase then i remeber it and i can get back to it later.

For anyone that has played or plays world of warcraft, u might understand this a bit better.  This is my idea by the way and it arised from all the different ideas i was cataloging, basically multiplayer is set far in the future when human kind has expanded to the planets it lost and to many more, though the creeper still exists but is held back by everything humankind can think of, though it still grows on other planets so that each player helps by controling their own customizable city, from color and name to its abilities, Ie: movement speed, max health, connection length, among other things, each player starts out with a basic city, though through the playing of many levels and the achieving of many objectives you get points to upgrade your city, the city could even have its own weapons, which would be customizable as well.  With larger maps to work with, groups of player could work together to free entire planets, or at least force the creeper into a stalemate so that it can't expand anymore.  the harder the level the more people required to beat it and the more points you'd get for upgrades, etc, etc, etc, .  If u cant see where im going with this then ill just stop now.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Aurzel

why make the topic now when you dont have the time to actually give your topic?

Karsten75

Just delete the is useless topic already.

Aurzel

i see something useful, and actually it gives me an idea for a group gaming experience that we can do now with a little team spirit

Aurzel

give me a few minutes while i sort it and i'll edit it into this post

edit: ok here we go

a creeper world campaign with a meta map (for those not knowing what a meta map is think like the dawn of war series dark crusade/soulstorm, a meta map is a map, say a continent a world or even in this case several planets in a planetary system) what will happen is this map which will be drawn up and seperated into provinces will be filled with either player controlled, creeper controlled or neutral provinces
each province provides a bonus such as new tech or an upgrade, in this way several players can work together against a system wide invasion of creeper

say there are 5 players, each one will take a turn and secure a province, either by takeing a neutral one or by defeating the creeper and securing a creeper controlled one for humanity. at the end of all 5 players turns, the creeper takes a turn and makes (say 3 moves) in which it will invade new provinces while at the same time reinforcing all its already secured provinces

all players will begin with collectors and blasters and when a player secures say a province which has the relay tech then all players will now have access to relay tech, with the final map/s maybe even containing thor

each map will have certain victory conditions which go beyond simply activating totems such as maybe: the creeper has invaded your province, hold it off for 10 minutes
to maybe: cap the 5 creepers around the map to secure this province

obviously there will be an honour system involved since there's no way of keeping an eye on peoples progress, each time you invade a map or are invaded by creeper you play that map once, if you fulfil the objective you take the province/keep the creeper from taking it, if you lose you fail to capture the province/the creeper takes over your province
also a screenshot should be posted along with the results showing you either winning or losing the match (if the objective isnt to activate the totems you dont need to (e.g. if the objective is to survive for 10 minutes you need only post a screenshot of the map at the 10 minute marker to claim a win

obviously this will need both players and map makers as well as a GM (all of which should be seperate people to prevent bias)
the players need to make their move within a certain time frame (say a day) otherwise they forfeit their turn (or there can be a secondary player to take over) the map makers should be well versed in making many different types of maps and not take too long about it as they'll be required to make maps on the fly unless they want to sit around making many maps in a few days before the game begins while the GM makes sure everything runs smootly, keeps track of time limits and makes the creeper moves

(obviously this isnt everything and it needs refining but i fully believe we could make this work)

Karsten75

Quote from: TheBuilder on December 30, 2009, 09:10:38 AM
Right this is just so that theres an actual page to go to ill get bakc to it later,

Quote from: Aurzel on December 30, 2009, 07:00:59 PM
give me a few minutes while i sort it and i'll edit it into this post

Give me a few minutes (or months or years) and I'll tell you mine as well. Since we all promise stuff on this thread.

Aurzel

Mrmcdeath

I edited for some people who can't read very well.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

Dranar

Ah I get it, so, it's like a territory map game, and you take over territories?
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Aurzel

exactly, as long as people adhere to the honour system it stands to be a fun time :P

Karsten75

Quote from: Aurzel on December 31, 2009, 03:21:41 AM
exactly, as long as people adhere to the honour system it stands to be a fun time :P

And how many times on the Interwebz have people "adhered to the honor system?" How many games do you know that were not cracked or hacked?

There was even a MMPORG game once where a tribe met to mourn a friend that died and another tribe went in and wiped them out. The YouTube video was awesome.

exgermkill

Witch is exacly why if the people who made it need to make some patches or a second version while taking suggustions from threads like these. therefor making playing the game a better experience for all who play the game. so i like most of the ideas of a multiplayer game and hope they are added.;D

Kamron3

I don't know how multiplayer could ever fit into Creeper...

_k

Mrmcdeath

Uh... you could make it so you have to finish a level faster than your opponent... or if we get different goals you could have it so you would have to achieve an energy level of 5.0 or greater or save more survival pods than your opponent.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

Kamron3

I take that back, I would rather see something like this:

Two different players on the same map, connected via the internet.

Player 1 has blue creeper.
Player 2 has red creeper.

When these Creeper touch, they annihilate each other. The goal of the game is to over run your opponents "Odin City" with your Creeper. You can use turrets to attack the opponents Creeper and even attack your opponent's Turrets and City.

Also: If Creeper touches anything you own, even slightly(besides Odin city) it will explode immediately.

_k