Here's a list of suggested/requested game ideas.

Started by TheBuilder, December 30, 2009, 06:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBuilder

First things first, Knuckle Cracker, YOU RULE, YOUR GAME RULES, and I beat everything in your game short of the double down in about 24 hours, (trial/error, kicks, etc).
One thing about your name, every time I start Creeper World I actually crack my knuckles, lolz.
Enough with the formalities, now down to business.

The following is how i organized all of the ideas i've found in your forums. This will be a running list.

Game Options---------------Link to this topic: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=220.0 .
-save (game in progress)
-set default game settings
-ingame restart
-right click=deselect

Units/Buildings/Structures--Link to this topic: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=221.msg1436#msg1436 .
-shields
-trunk lines
-terraformer
-packet factories
-allied creeper emitters
-repairer
-civilian buildings
-tunneler
-multiple cities, (multiplayer/campains set in teh future) just thought of something fun u could do with multiple cities though illl  make a sepparate topic to talk about it, heres the link: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=225.0

Features---------------------Link to this topic: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=222.msg1437#msg1437 .
-bigger maps
-more elevation
-arm/disarm all
-tunnels
-acheievements
-dragging
-mass selection
-displays
-non-build zones
-free play
-multiplayer
-smart emitters
-"if this, then that" events
-weather
-library
-multiple victory conditions
-different creeper
-father upgrades
-different terrain
-gates
-wells
-multiple story paths, (future campains)
-objectives

These are the ideas that i've found or come up with. I'm sorry to those that find it annoying, but for the sake of my own sanity, if someone wants it to be know that one or more of the ideas on this list are their's, please post here: .

The following is a link to a topic about me, by me, for everyone:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=218.0 , for appropriate uses only.

NOTE: this page took about 1 hour to put together, SO APPRECIATE IT OR GO `~!@#$%^&*()-_=+ UR SELF, lolz.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Kamron3

Quote from: TheBuilder on December 30, 2009, 06:18:28 AM
Game Options-------------Link to this topic:  .
-save (game in progress) - Great Idea! It would allow people who don't have hours to spend on the game.

-set default game settings - Yep, needs to be where you can save your settings. I'm sure thats simple enough to make.

-ingame restart - Yeah, would be great to automatically restart. And make there a fade out effect when you restart, and a fade in effect when the game starts.

Units----------------------Link to this topic:  .
-shields - Nah, not needed.

-thunk lines - Not sure.

-gates - Already have walls.

-wells - I can see the use of this. It's kinda like a reverse wall.

-terraformer - I can see the use for this. Not sure if I like it.

-packet factories - Definitely when the game hits more than just a small map.

-storage - We already have these :)

-allied creeper emmiter - Don't see a point.

-repairer - Units repair themselves.

-civilian buildings - Not sure what is meant here.

-tunneler - Can see the use of this. Would be very fun. :)

-packets - We got 'em.

Features-------------------Link to this topic:  .
-bigger maps - Yes
-more elevation - 300 levels please.
-arm/disarm all - Yes.
-tunnels - Yes.
-acheievements - Expanded. Allow usage of more and more things as you get more Achievements.
-dragging - No.
-mass selection - Yes. Click and drag would be great.
-displays - Yeah needs more displays.
-non-build zones - Yes, needs areas of "rough soil"
-free play - Not sure.
-multiplayer  - How is this possible?
-smart emmiters - Yeah. We need these to get around capping them too much and causing the game to be very easy.
-"if this, then that" events - What?
-weather - What for?
-library - Very useful.
-multiple victory conditions - Yes, need these.
-different creeper - Why?
-father upgrades - Further upgrades are very useful
-different terrain - Yes.

djcian

i think civilian buildings would just be survival pods looking like buildings instead of pods which i could see happening because as far as i know it would just be a different image but same properties.  and instead of "rescued" it could be "evacuated".
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Kamron3

Hmm.. I see, but further discussion would be required.

_k

impikmin

I don't know how fun multiplayer would be, but with the resources it would definitely be possible.
I don't think anyone would want to play solely as the creeper, and it would probably be boring to only use human technology against human technology. Instead creeper would just become part of your weapons arsenal. It would be a sort of faux creeper created with nanotechnology maybe. Creeper emitters would be upgradable.
If you've played the game Pikmin 2 they show how multiplayer can be done in a game where your enemies are generally nothing like you, and you are generally nothing like your enemies.