[Bug] Multiple jump-ins during missions

Started by Keeper Decagon, March 19, 2017, 09:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper Decagon

Right, so first off, I know that is not intended to allow multiple ships in the ship roster to be able to "jump" onto the map like the HQ, but with the advent of the ability to give that function in Kajacx's custom ship editor to ships, I thought it'd be pertinent to bring it up.

So, when a ship is given this jump-in ability and placed on the ship roster, a couple of things happen. Firstly, the ship button become irremovable from the ship roster. Secondly, only one jump-in can happen on the map at any one time. So, say if I have three jump-in ships available (including the standard HQ) and I jump one in, the other buttons no longer work, meaning that I cannot jump in any more than one ship at a time.

There is an exception however, when I choose to jump in ships when the game is paused, since I can then jump all of them in at once. But should one die, I can no longer jump it in until all of the Jump Ships have been destroyed, at which point I can pause and jump everything in at once again. This is an issue, of course, when a map does not allow for the 20 second downtime that this demands.

I have tested this issue with both in-editor and finalized maps, and this is what I've found:

• Whilst in the editor and in the "Keep Playing" section of finalized maps, this issue does not occur and allows me to warp-in at will.
  • Whilst the map is finalized, playing and there is an active Objective (such as Destroy Structures, Mire Land, etc) it seems like there is a warp-in restriction that prevents more than one jump-in at a time (unless paused).

The issue can be presented as a void matter, since I could simply make the ships non-jump capable, but one such ship is a Super-Capital ship that would take an insanely long time to build even with the construction scripts available on the forums, hence why I made it jump capable.

Again, I understand this issue is one that wasn't intended to happen, but I wanted to bring it up regardless.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE