All of Haloguys Crazy Campaigns/Series/Mazes

Started by haloguy48, December 09, 2009, 08:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haloguy48

Well, I have been known to create a lot of different things in other games, and this game fits perfectly into my creating habit. Any and all feedback/complaints/suggestions are loved here.

Creepy Maze Lvl1, Is a nice small building place map. I tried to make it as much as a maze a possible, but it seems that I needed a lot more creeper emitters to fill it up. My goal with this was to get the creeper to flow through the maze fast enough to make it hard to control and dominate some of the better areas. Granted, I am not used to how the creeper works yet, but I am getting the hang of it. Anyone who has downloaded it, how do you think it is for a first map?

HG48

Series I have made.

The Darkness Series
Nothing but Void Series
Creepy Mazes

Edit: First 4 darkness attached here. Look down for my other posts to get the others.
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Mrmcdeath

I love it. You are going to be a good map maker it seems. :P As for the map I just built some drones to go after the huge piles of creeper while slowly spreading out.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

Qbear

The second map was fun and somewhat challenging.  I'm sorry to say the first one was a little too easy.

Aurzel

maybe you should use the new map editor when it's released to remake the first one to not allow the use of drones

haloguy48

Quote from: Aurzel on December 10, 2009, 04:03:13 AM
maybe you should use the new map editor when it's released to remake the first one to not allow the use of drones

Sounds good, the drones do kind of make it really easy. I only tested with blasters and motors and forgot about the drones =x Ahh well, its still fun.. Its even harder if you do it with JUST blasters. talk about picking key locations.

Edit: Darkness 5-8 attached
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

knucracker

The new map editor will be available tomorrow, so you'll be able to restrict the tech if you'd like.

haloguy48

Quote from: virgilw on December 11, 2009, 03:08:07 PM
The new map editor will be available tomorrow, so you'll be able to restrict the tech if you'd like.

Is there any way I can edit the map I have up right now or do I have to re-send it in without the wanted tech?
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Mrmcdeath

If you put update infront of the description then he will update it.
Life Lesson #1
Life Lesson #2

knucracker

When you get the new map editor and makes changes to your map, just resubmit it to me with [UPDATE] at the beginning of the description.  I'll take what you send and update the old map in the database.

haloguy48

Quote from: virgilw on December 11, 2009, 11:03:15 PM
When you get the new map editor and makes changes to your map, just resubmit it to me with [UPDATE] at the beginning of the description.  I'll take what you send and update the old map in the database.

Will fix it soon, I have been working on The Darkness series. Whenever its verified, I would love feedback on it. Anything you think could happen, want to see happen, anything that isnt explained you want answered, anything you want to rant on about it, anything you just want to compliment, I will read it all in this thread.
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Mrmcdeath

I like the story and the maps. But some of the custom backgrounds make it hard to see in.
Life Lesson #1
Life Lesson #2

haloguy48

Quote from: Mrmcdeath on December 13, 2009, 08:19:05 PM
I like the story and the maps. But some of the custom backgrounds make it hard to see in.

Its supposed to, hence why its set as Hard. its beatable, just pause it and look at the map for a little. It is in 3 and 4. And is supposed to be. A little more backround on it, you are on Vargus Prime, the first site of the black hole tests. After a failure here, the planet was thought to be destroyed. After accidentally warping to it, you find it is see through and not actually destroyed, after 3, you head to the MAIN site, which has the same picture. After this, you will be rid of the custom back round.  It isn't as dark as what I was going to use, but it still adds the effect of a challenge.
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Kamron3

Hard? Sir, you are mistaken. I could beat it in around 3 minutes. >=o

Aurzel

he just said the hard was because of the custom background making it hard to see the creeper, otherwise not hard lol