Beta top times faster?

Started by SnipesMcShoot, September 29, 2016, 08:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relli

While I don't fully comprehend it yet, I have noticed that there seems to be a distinct difference between advancing with N on 1x speed and half speed. I originally thought the N key was glitching up on me, as sometimes the screen would show no visible changes for 1-6 presses of the button. And by "sometimes", I mean it would do that again after every N key that showed movement. Meanwhile I never got this problem at 1x speed. So there may be something to that. As a guess, perhaps x4 speed would mean that N increases it by 4 frames (or 4x the frames 1x speed does, at least).

As a side note, the whole thing with building the Lathe faster by turning off Build is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that this game gives far too little information about how it works. My Kingdom for numerical stats. Even if it's just Wiki-bound that would be an incredibly large improvement.

GoodMorning

When the APIs come out, feel free. CW3 doesn't have them all yet, and some that are there disagree with other pages.

PF seems to use frames differently, but 1x/4x should be the same. .5x might be somewhat altered, but not in terms of logic, only display.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.