Custom Map #6857: Decimation. By: BilboGCL

Started by AutoPost, December 15, 2018, 06:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6857: Decimation

Author: BilboGCL
Size: 161x91

Desc:
The title of the map... Well, the Loki has an old weapon... Be a bit patient at the beginning... When you play this map you will have to be it ;) #CRPL !

D0m0nik

Ok that's it, your banned from hanging out with that Sorontis fella, he's a bad influence on you!

The enemy weapon was more of an annoyance than a real threat, you just have to overbuild constantly. Gutted that it affected berthas as well.

Builder17

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 16, 2018, 10:04:15 AM
Ok that's it, your banned from hanging out with that Sorontis fella, he's a bad influence on you!

The enemy weapon was more of an annoyance than a real threat, you just have to overbuild constantly. Gutted that it affected berthas as well.

Maybe if enemy would have number above it and map space would be limited, and when number is same than current unit count on map everything gets destroyed (instead of something randomly destroyed?)

BilboGCL

D0m0nik, the annoyance vs. threat part... I - unlike Sorrontis - always try not to let you run in a sudden unexpected and painful death. Annoyance is imho part of the game but here I may have exaggerated it. The bertha... it was more or less a way to restrict number of buildable berthas - more than one is not useful (I started with a "normal" one and switched later to a PZ-Bertha).
My main idea was that you are forced to watch your homebase permanently, at least I tend to build a powerfarm and forget it...
Btw: It doesn't seem to have hindered at all when I have a look at your time.

Builder17, something like a countdown of max. number of units? The limited map space is a point I don't get.

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

willbir

I didn't figure out exactly how the weapon works but it does seem possible to avoid triggering it.

BilboGCL

@Willbir:
Every few minutes every 2nd user weapon (from cannon to bertha) and every 4th reactor will be taken away... There should be no way to avoid that but building not enough units to defend.
If you found a way to avoid that, I'd be glad to hear about it!

Greetings from The Shire

willbir

Interesting I thought it might have had something to do with spore strikes, I must have been seeing patterns where none existed. Does the 'every few minutes' persist through save games, if I save the game state every 20 seconds and revert after a trigger event is that trigger still due ?

D0m0nik

willbir

Thanks D0m0nik  :)

I think I've figured out how, I loaded the map into the editor, it's the awake function gets called at game load (even for saved games) and resets the weapon counter.

GoodMorning

You can trust a speedrunner to exploit a bug rather than play the map as intended. Although here, you've done both.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

BilboGCL

Well, I see! Nice that I've learned from you % this map!
However, great time and thanks for sharing the exploit

Greetings from The Shire!