Multiple creep

Started by Aesher, October 27, 2018, 12:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aesher

I'm thinking of putting together a map that has four types of creeper (including standard and AC) that are mutually aggressive.
Does anyone know if this is possible to do?

Sorrontis

Not very likely. There's no way to add more creeper types in CW3.

You could technically create one using a grid pattern of crpl cores, but that would be CPU intensive. The coding would be tough too.
Spoke with other Major contributors... This is likely to destroy your computer. Don't do it.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Grabz

First of all, if you're expecting a new type of creeper that's basically the exact same as the one you already see, just a different type - no, it's not possible. There is only one creeper - an integer per cell, which is creeper when positive, and AC when negative.

With CRPL, it would be possible to engineer a new type of creeper, however with many limitations. It's possible the same way pretty much anything is possible given enough time and effort. However, in this scenario, we are heavily constrained by performance. There are things you could do to make this happen, but if you don't have a lot of experience with the full scope of this language, it's something that would be completely out of your reach.
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

Aesher

Oh well, thanks for letting me know.
I'll bin that idea and work on the others (at least one of which I know there is CRPL for.)