Custom Map #1460: adventures of Dax Joven-Dense Creeper, damaged shield tech

Started by AutoPost, September 24, 2012, 12:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

Creeperkingpin

how did you guys finish so fast?! lol. i created this map and i cant get to the ten minute mark. any pointer?
Those who choose security over liberty deserve neither security nor liberty-Benjamin Franklin

fitz

Quote from: Creeperkingpin on September 24, 2012, 12:04:11 AM
how did you guys finish so fast?! lol. i created this map and i cant get to the ten minute mark. any pointer?

Spoiler
My approach, for what its worth, was to maximise the attack down the left hand side to clear the bottom left before you lose your shileds and give up on the right with minimal defences at the top of the tube to stop creeper getting up to the LS. Remember that launchers can fire through the wall at the bottom left using the rifts. Hope this helps
[close]

Creeperkingpin

Oh. Well i did the same thing just a much longer, dragged on attack. And 2/10 :/ guess this one was below par. Oh well ill whip up a better one tonight :) i wish people would tell me what their problem was with the map instead of just rating it low.
Those who choose security over liberty deserve neither security nor liberty-Benjamin Franklin

teknotiss

well my opinion on it is that 1 square wide paths make for dull play.
it's just too limited with only one method for completion, just a question of picking a side really.
not a bad idea, just doesn't play well.
still, no worries, make some more maps please dude!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Creeperkingpin

Im actually kicking one out this moment lol. Hey so cw1 maps simply dont get reviewed?

Creeperkingpin

hey... so you would know. i just spent the better part of the day, hours and hours, making an awesome map with fields drones super-drones and phantoms, anti creeper emitters, in-soil creeper, it was amazing. but i accidently hit 'new map' rather then save, and killed it.... any idea on how to retrieve it?..

J

Create it again and hit save more frequently. And how do you know it's amazing without playing it? (you need to save before playing)

teknotiss

i've done that!  :o sucks doesn't it!  >:(
save more often (i have 3 saves per map. mapname.cw2, mapname a.cw2, and mapname b.cw2)
basic design saved as mapname a.cw2, tweaks after playtesting saved as mapname b.cw2 and once i'm happy to play for score saved as mapname.cw2.
this stops me from saving a map over a previous version so i have a half done one if i mess up the saves!  8)
hope that helps!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Creeperkingpin

thanks all for your ideas :) i posted a new thread asking if it would be possible to integrate some sort of key combination to quick-save. i hope it gets considered.