Started by AutoPost, June 13, 2012, 02:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1196: ste

Author: rush

Desc:
under 2 mins. short and simple for my first map

ste

oops. epic fail. the map was supposed to be called rush by author ste.  I'm an idiot

teknotiss

lol  ;D
nevermind dude, better luck next time  ;)
btw loved this speed run good work!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

fitz

Very occasionally I think I've nailed a map with an unbeatable time. This was one of those  :-[

teknotiss

lol  ;)
i was really happy with my time, then fisherck went and took 6 seconds from somewhere  ??? i mean 2/3 secs ok but hth did they find 5/6?
but i am used to this feeling so, ah well such is life eh?  :-\
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

ste

move the ship down a bit.

build one blaster whilst its getting the treasure box

as soon as treasure box collected, build 2 beacons and blasters above each emitter

whist still paused, build launchers in range of the creeper at the bottom and dig out the blocks.

as soon as you get to the bottom, shield them off and launcher them

I got 42 seconds this way

ste

39 seconds whilst missing out the shields

Kithros

Conversion bombs are too slow.

fitz

Quote from: fitz on June 13, 2012, 05:44:10 PM
Very occasionally I think I've nailed a map with an unbeatable time. This was one of those  :-[

Now I have a score that I know can be beaten. However I was confident of a trick that others might miss  ;D

Edit: Oops I woke up Kithros

teknotiss

da da DAAAAA KITHROS HAS AWOKEN.  ;)
and set a new monster record.  ???
ya c-bombs are too slow, i'm going to try with launchers too.
still think kithros has this one sewn up though  :D

Kithros

I did all the really tedious stuff that time - like marking the terrain exactly 15 frames before the terrain above it is destroyed (so the LS sends 2 dig packets to it in the next 2 frames right after it becomes accessible) to dig slightly faster. I think with slight changes to the LS positioning and changing placement of blasters/launchers it's probably possible to cut off maybe a second though.

fitz

Way beyond me. You are clearly in a different league. I must remember not to provoke you again by getting a better score and pointing it out  ;)

My 'trick' was to use the initial 20 units of energy to get the 'treasure box' (10 units) and build 2 shields (2x5 units). You need to get the positioning right so they get built and not killed by the creeper. Once done you can then start digging down straight away rather than waiting.

ea3401

See screenshot of how I finally did it after 20 attempts. It's important to move around above the treasure box until you get it. Also digging some extra-terrain is quite helpful to shorten the energy paths and to increase blaster operating radius. And don't forget to build reactors.

fitz

Wow  :o

I'm outta this. Over to you Kithros and Fisherck. I cannot compete in this league.

(Note to self for the future: Get goodish score, keep quiet and hope that nobody notices and then maybe these experts don't bother to play - like map 1197)

Glad to see that you are 'human' ea3401. Thanks for posting.

Thanks to ste (a.k.a. rush) for providing an epic map with a great history of high scores.

ste

i'm with you fitz.  these boys are way too good for me.  Well done guys