Map Testing

Started by Michionlion, September 18, 2011, 11:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.H

Hello I have two maps needed testing. PM me if you want to test them, also if you test it and complete it be sure to submit your score:).

Map 1: Thriving deepness
A map which places the player in a very dangerous position, directly above a creeper volcano. The main issue is the initial explosion, I've added shields to try and make it hold off longer, but every time too much creeper breaks through and i die, well not really i managed to geta  foothold but my techdomes where destroyed before i coudl research the second reactor efficiency upgrade which would have saved me. Sinc then I've added two layers of shields, with anti creeper in them, to stall them. If you beat it tell me how you did it(I heart screenies :P)

Map 2: The waters of death.
A flowing,water canyon map. Once again I like to give my maps a bit of a backstory, the player must survive a waterfall of creeper, and an epic amount of styglek gravity manipulation.  Once again I don't like to give the player a nice starting position, so sooon after you settled shop you'll be flooded. I managed to beat this one and submit the score, but when i try to post it it says i have to submit a score first! My intenret is pretty bad here, that's why i want someone else to beat it inorder for me to be able to post it.

Also , feel free to comment and tell me how to improve them.
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

lich98

Ok so this map is no where near done but as of now i wanted to know what you think. And no submitting a score to upload!
EDIT: made some changes  :)
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

lich98

Alright made some minor improvements and added some more can i get some feed back please?
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

lich98

Ok just wondering If anyone could finally test my map, the layout of stuff is done now just some fine tunning to make it work. Thanks for helping me.
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

lich98

OK working on both part 1 and 2 of maps I'm making any help finding bugs and/or testing them is appericated thanks!

BTW: gem11 isn't that far completed so it might be hard to get started on.
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

knucracker

I've only looked at map 10...
I like the overall direction of the map.  A good solid down fight can make for good fun.  I would consider taking this general idea and thinking "how can I accomplish the same mission, but use less of everything".  Right now the map is really tough on the eyes because of the tiles, creeper colors, etc.  That's getting in the way of some otherwise good map elements.  I know you have the 'gem' series to stay consistent with, but I would experiment with non random tile rotations, more subdued tiles (lower the contrast on them). 

But I like the whole "well of death" you have going on.  Those can be fun challenges to push through.

lich98

Quote from: virgilw on November 22, 2011, 08:14:54 PM
I've only looked at map 10...
I like the overall direction of the map.  A good solid down fight can make for good fun.  I would consider taking this general idea and thinking "how can I accomplish the same mission, but use less of everything".  Right now the map is really tough on the eyes because of the tiles, creeper colors, etc.  That's getting in the way of some otherwise good map elements.  I know you have the 'gem' series to stay consistent with, but I would experiment with non random tile rotations, more subdued tiles (lower the contrast on them). 

But I like the whole "well of death" you have going on.  Those can be fun challenges to push through.

Thanks, i'm going to go make some changes to that later today aswell thought of some more, i'll keep these in mind aswell. Thanks again.
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

TonyP2000

Whats up, I decided to take some time out of my schedule and make a map, give this one a shot and tell me what you think.
Vote Tony!

J

Finally made something, I would like to have some feedback before posting it.

TonyP2000

Quote from: J on December 03, 2011, 09:10:24 AM
Finally made something, I would like to have some feedback before posting it.

I gave it a shot, damn, what a trippy map. I made it to the top half before getting overflown with creeper from the first tunnel. Overall, fun map, just really, really weird.

Also those super fast moving squares with 5000k creeper in them, don't really add anything, they just take longer to kill rather than making things more fun
Vote Tony!

J

When I started creating this map, there were 72 cubes circling around in the top half but that created some problems I could only fix with less cubes. If you use your AC and shields the right way it will be a lot easyer to complete top half. I think the map is ready when I make the top half a bit easyer.
Thanks for feeds back! :)

(removed the map from other post)

(posted the map)

dd790

Hi everyone, I am just starting to try and make CW2 maps and I am full of ideas if not ability to implement and balance them yet. I'm sure I will get better with practice, if anyone would like to BETA test my maps please PM me and I will send you them to try out before release

lich98

map a new map (my smallest yet). Anyone want to test it?

EDIT: Made some changes added text, think this is final version.
EDIT2:Final version in upload
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

lich98

New map i would like tested, thanks
Edit: please test my map for me
EDIT: major changes made field wise please check it out.
EDIT: Ok think this is a close to final version, has text and unless i can't beat it this is the final version.
EDIT: The map should be complete now, and beatable.
EDIT: final version i hope
EDIT: In upload
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

J

New map is (hopefully) ready, some feedback is very welcome!
EDIT: new version posted, fixed a few bugs
EDIT: fixed another one, could be the final version
EDIT: map uploaded