Screenshots and Videos

Started by knucracker, September 10, 2016, 03:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

the 500x500 limit is also because of various technical issues V has had - I remember a post about that a while ago in alpha. Something to do with geometry and stuff. Regardless, 500x500 is huge in comparison to everything else. It's basically a slog fest if not designed well.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

ShadeOfRed

Well, I have started posting up my Playthrough of the beta preview on YouTube.  If you are interested take a look!

Here is a link to my playlist so you can see them as they come, and subscribe so you can be informed when a new video is posted.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-nwvADog8DI9A_ImRtIm5ycAHRJc3u1V

I'm not the best ever, but I give my best, and like Virgil says, it's harder when you are trying to talk while playing!

ShadeOfRed

I'm going to play through the Story missions, but I will also try to answer any questions people have on video.  If you have something you want to see...ask me and I'll try to get a video up about it!

jaworeq

As for story, that's the last thing I wanna see on youtubes, I'm gonna enjoy it more playing it myself. What I would like to watch is just some simulacrum maps - just raw gameplay.

ShadeOfRed

Well I'm gonna do that too!  So, hang in there, I'll post when I have some less spoilery videos.  :)

knucracker

Nice... I've watched the 4 story episodes you have up so far.  You're funny (in a youtube good way)... that line about "little thing I learned in Nam", then ramming your destroyer forward was pretty funny.

ShadeOfRed

Thanks for watching Virgil!  I'm glad you liked it.  Going to do all the Inception and Exchange missions too, in a new playlist so people can avoid the story spoilers if they wish.  I'm not sure I'll do all of the story yet.  I may stop with what I've done today (there is another video up too, a 5th one now) and move over to the other missions tomorrow.

knucracker

The difficulty in the story missions starts to increase after the last mission your played (your 5th episode which is mission 6 in the story).  Story mission 8 is the first that some people have trouble with (and one of the reasons that's what I played for the blog video I posted today).  But many/most of the exchange missions probably fall on the upper half of mission difficulties (at or greater than story mission 8 difficulty). 

For the simulacrum, you may have to play around a bit to get one that matches the difficulty level you want for a video.  You can make trivial, monstrous, or absurd missions with that thing.  There are a few sim missions that are posted to the exchange (top left in the filters you can look for only sim, only custom, or both types of missions).

Anyway, just a heads up that jumping into the sim and exchange will probably knock things up a few levels in terms of difficulty... so be prepared for that.

Tjgalon

It funny, watching your video Virgiwl, I did not feel it was hard, but I also fall under the category for creeper world, where Farbor, was not bad also, lol. It is exciting to see how the community may also make it hard, It some of my fav custom maps atm, cause of it. Though I watch a little of your video too, ShadeOfRed, mostly speed up and skipping slightly, to not really spoil, just to get an idea of the start, and I agree, it was fun to watch. Once I do get a chance to play, I will have to revisit, and see how we might do the missions, differently.

planetfall

Anyone wondering how six minutes is possible? No? Too bad,
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Tjgalon

Quote from: planetfall on September 13, 2016, 10:49:10 AM
Man, you are insane, haha

Karsten75

Hey, I noticed at some points in the video there seemed to be a graphics issue where terrain had vertical lines running through it? Was that a video artifact or ... ?

Ninja

Wow. I'd be more like, "Anyone wondering how an hour and a half is possible? No? Too bad, [url] here it is."

ShadeOfRed

planetfall I bow to your superior skill and play.
Wow.

I tend to play thinking on a some sort of thought line that makes me feel besieged and I have to slowly push out to conquer the different levels.  My brain doesn't want me to rush through it like that.  :)

planetfall

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 13, 2016, 11:27:45 AM

Hey, I noticed at some points in the video there seemed to be a graphics issue where terrain had vertical lines running through it? Was that a video artifact or ... ?

That's in the game, and it seems to be a linux-only problem. Even the windows version running under wine doesn't do that. I opt to play with the lines, because most text doesn't work on the windows version (I'm probably missing a font or something stupid like that.)
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.