Started by AutoPost, January 24, 2022, 04:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9824: Analog Run - Multi Choice Map

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 120x80

Desc:

CharlieMartini

I've managed to control the creeper but cannot figure out how to get power to a nullifier to defeat the level. Hints?

CharlieMartini

Martin Gronsdal

Spoiler
there is an Artifact of Odin on the map, that will (literally) pave the way for picking up the pickup south west. Key is the destruction of the spore tower.
[close]

is that helpful?

CharlieMartini

No idea what an artifact of odin is, unless you're referring to the circle that is left behind after a spore tower or emitter is destroyed.. How do you get energy to nullifier to kill spore tower? 

teknotiss

Quote from: CharlieMartini on January 30, 2022, 10:01:38 AM
No idea what an artifact of odin is, unless you're referring to the circle that is left behind after a spore tower or emitter is destroyed.. How do you get energy to nullifier to kill spore tower?

Artifacts of Odin are the Freeze (F in a yellow circle) Convert (C in a blue circle) and Mass-driver (M in a red circle) strike from orbit weapons you can collect on the battlefield.

hope that helps!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

CharlieMartini

Those things that sap energy but provide no value? What good would that do me?

teknotiss

Quote from: CharlieMartini on January 30, 2022, 10:57:16 AM
Those things that sap energy but provide no value? What good would that do me?

well they do cost some energy (25/50... i think 25... can't remember off hand) but they can be pretty useful...

not sure that is the case with this map.

the only thing you "have" to kill is the inhibitor in the bottom right... can't you send a power guppy down there to power the nullifier?

sorry, haven't played this map yet, just saw a question i can answer, but i can go play it if needed... however you have guppies, there is not Air Exclusion Zone i can see... so a power guppy should get it done i think!

ask for more help if needed and i will go play this map to work out what to help with.  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Martin Gronsdal

CharlieMartini: the thing that wants 25 energy is and Artifact of Odin, or AoO, and this specific one is the mass driver. It will create a crater where it lands (and you dictate that). That crater is large enought for the Command Node to land... it also kills some creeper, but that's secondary

what you have to do is to use the AoO somehow, to get closer to the spore tower at the south west.... there is a pick up there, that gives you endless relays and they are the path to the Inhibitor, thus the victory.

if you are still stuck, please may you consider playing map #9834. That explains the use of the AoO

CharlieMartini

Thank you for the tutorial. I have been playing this game for YEARS and although I did learn the guppies can be linked together (most likely by accident at some point) I never knew those AoO served as weapons. I don't believe there are any tutorials in the game mode to learn those special effects. This new insight may open up lots of the secrets in your maps or it may leave me just as confused, lol.