Started by AutoPost, January 20, 2022, 07:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9815: Digital Run 3 - different take

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 150x150

Desc:

Weasee

These Digital Runs are getting easier and easier - perhaps I am just getting more fit with these runs  ;D

Helper

NO!
He was only joking, honest.
-----
BTW, how in the Sam Hill did you players manage to get (a) your Sniper so fast, and (b) your Forge giving upgrades to distance and rate of fire?
I'm thinking I should have built the Forge early and started dropping Guppies into the Creeper, just to get the upgrades.
The early Sniper connection really baffles me.
My game clock was 08:24 when I got the Sniper (see screen grab).
Thanks,
H

I'll try again later but
Spoiler
it appears as though you need your Sniper built and range up to 200 before taking that elevated PZ. Once you clear out the bugs, your bridge to the Nullifier can get built.
[close]

D0m0nik

For charging the totems
Spoiler
You have three CNs, you can just keep dropping one in the gunk
[close]

Spoiler
For the sniper try 2 guppies and just three relays on the island with the tech. Have all three build at exactly the same time.
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

I love all the comments here. Thank you for playing "my" map, guys!

Helper

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on January 21, 2022, 10:02:19 AM
I love all the comments here. Thank you for playing "my" map, guys!

@MG - Playing your maps always gives me a good mental workout of creating new swear words. This map was no exception.

@ Mr. D - I was in the middle of my "Daily Dozen" when the phrase: "Guppy Bridge" popped into my so-called mind.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll give it another go after a couple of YUM DMD's.

Thanks,
H

Martin Gronsdal

D0m0nik

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on January 21, 2022, 10:51:10 AM
Was this possible without the bridge and killing off vermin?
No, don't think so. May be wrong, I am no puzzler. The guppy trick was for getting the tech.

Not so much a guppy bridge but just using guppies to build a string of relays at exactly the same time so they all activate at the exact same moment to collect the tech.

Weasee

So funny reading these comments (having said it was easy) - and realizing I did it the hard way!

Spoiler
You can also get the sniper "early" by using a guppy to build a dense string of relays right next to each other in the channel to the sniper tech. After a minute or two, there will be a instance where there are (randomly) enough relays active to join the connection to the sniper.
[close]

Spoiler
I didn't even think about using CNs next to the totem, just built a set of guppys and very manually dropped them off and returned them before they died.
[close]

Weasee

This was during my best run (at the 5:49 mark).
Spoiler
I also went via the top, dropping a bunch of cannons to clear the end of the top right arm, then moving through to the totem. I kept to just the center two positions of the channels - bugs can't reach there

You don't really need the sniper very early; only once you have the bottom right emitter and your 2/5 distance upgrade.
[close]

CharlieMartini

Looks like the sniper is useless since there's no terp. Looks like theres no way to destroy the base of the shield either. Do you simply add relays across the pods until you get lucky and hope they all avoid the vermin long enough to charge up nullifier?

Martin Gronsdal

Or, you can use the sniper  :) there is one place where terp is not necessary

D0m0nik

Bottom right emitter is sat on a 9 high bit of land. It can shoot through a small gap half way up the right hand side.