Custom Map #2745: LPACursou Shaper again. By: prst

Started by AutoPost, January 09, 2022, 05:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2745: LPACursou Shaper again

Author: prst
Size: 320x200

user303

I don't think this deserves all the negative tags on it. Yes, it's pretty laggy at first, but if you can get past that there's some fun to be had. My only request would be if you're including something that generates a lot of eggs, like that top right spore launcher, to also include something to allow popping multiple eggs at once. Clicking hundreds of eggs one by one is pretty tedious, yet it's also the best way to get a lot of creeper on that side of the map.

wfo92gt

Quote from: user303 on January 09, 2022, 05:17:39 PM
I don't think this deserves all the negative tags on it. Yes, it's pretty laggy at first, but if you can get past that there's some fun to be had. My only request would be if you're including something that generates a lot of eggs, like that top right spore launcher, to also include something to allow popping multiple eggs at once. Clicking hundreds of eggs one by one is pretty tedious, yet it's also the best way to get a lot of creeper on that side of the map.

Now, I'm not saying you should use an autoclicker...

Lentil

Ha!  I slogged through that for 30 minutes until I remembered it was also a cursor map.  Lol!  It was by accident when I let the cursor rest for a few seconds in just the right spot and saw the creeper grow and move.  After that I was done in 20 minutes.  I won't try it again - it ran at 5UPS for me (don't worry, not the map's fault - I have a really old PC - AMD Phenom II x4 970).

And I agree with the user303 - need that custom unit that lets you pop all eggs.

Great map.  I really enjoyed it.  Please make more.

andz

Thanks for making this! The beginning and end were interesting, the middle was just a lot of flat land with mortars which wasn't a challenge. The cursor is a bit too strong imo.

Karsten75

here is the code that can pop all the eggs on a map. ALl that is needed is a way to put it on the map (a special-purpose unit, for instance)

# PopEggs

GetUnitsByType("egg" 0) ->units
TraceAllSp ("Found " GetListCount(<-units))

Do (GetListCount(<-units) 0)
    DestroyUnit(<-units[I]  false false false)
Loop

hbarudi

The biggest problem with all lpac games is the very slow start, can't you give the player like 10 of each item to get started on the map?

Durikkan

Quote from: hbarudi on January 12, 2022, 03:55:47 PM
The biggest problem with all lpac games is the very slow start, can't you give the player like 10 of each item to get started on the map?

This one especially, since you can't do anything at all for the first 30 seconds until you get that first boost. 
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

SteveCarlo

this would be great

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 12, 2022, 03:28:02 PM
here is the code that can pop all the eggs on a map. ALl that is needed is a way to put it on the map (a special-purpose unit, for instance)

# PopEggs

GetUnitsByType("egg" 0) ->units
TraceAllSp ("Found " GetListCount(<-units))

Do (GetListCount(<-units) 0)
    DestroyUnit(<-units[I]  false false false)
Loop

CPanoplyd

SteveCarlo

Quote from: wfo92gt on January 10, 2022, 02:53:37 PM
Quote from: user303 on January 09, 2022, 05:17:39 PM

Now, I'm not saying you should use an autoclicker...

how do you use an auto clicker?   I've been pointing my mouse at cars all morning and nothing

Fluffologica

I don't think this map deserves all the bad tags it has. But the lag was very manageable for me and was gone before I knew it. Forgot it was a cursor map until about ten minutes in, which made the start difficult, haha. I think you could have done without filling up the big field with units, since they crumbled like paper by the time I got there. I don't know if that would have helped with lag at all. The challenge felt about right considering how powerful the cursor was. Thank you!