CW4 Steam Updates

Started by 321k, February 20, 2021, 06:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi,
I've noticed there popped up several new commands in the wiki the last weeks intended for CW4 1.3.
But there are even some available fro Version 1.2.1 (like RotateUnit).
Longer ago Steam rolled out version 1.2.0 to me. Is it a Steam-Bug I do not receive 1.2.1 Update or is type of beta registration necessary to receive kind of snapshots?
Some of the new commands really would save some script lines :)

Karsten75

1.2.0 is the last official, general-distribution build.

The 1.3.0 version has been going through several beta updates. You can change in Steam to request the beta branch, but if you make maps with APIs more recent than 1.2.0, players with the older version may have issues where the maps seem broken.

To use the beta Branch, left-click on the game in your Steam library, select Properties -> Betas and select the beta Branch from there.

Knucracker has indicated that he's keen to release the 1.3.0 update, and that he was simply waiting for bug reports and change requests to the API to reduce and settle for a few days before he release.

Thanx for information! Trying that in Steam, it asks me for a Beta Accress Code. Where could I apply for one?

Probably there is a bug tracker, too? I found a minor bug in 1.2.0 with the combination of a trail and SetUnitOutlineMode(self true).
Found: https://github.com/KnuckleCracker/CW4-bug-tracker

Karsten75

Quote from: 321k on February 21, 2021, 05:53:43 AM
Thanx for information! Trying that in Steam, it asks me for a Beta Accress Code. Where could I apply for one?

You don't need an access code. It's open beta.

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 21, 2021, 09:59:46 AM
You don't need an access code. It's open beta.

Steam asks me for an access code, when I am entering an empty code, I've got error msg:  "Invalid access code" ...
[

Karsten75

Don't put in an access code, don't check the code, just click on the drop-down where it says "select the beta you would like to opt into"

Or wait a few days.

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 22, 2021, 06:55:28 AM
Don't put in an access code, don't check the code, just click on the drop-down where it says "select the beta you would like to opt into"

Or wait a few days.

Thx Karsten, that worked.