This topic is for discussion of map #3702: pbs-pac-2

Author: PnutbutterSasquatch
Size: 128x128

Desc:
Beware, I live.

PnutbutterSasquatch

In case some of you youngsters have never heard of Sinistar:

isj4

I was wondering what it was. I've never played the game, but now I recognize him from Bob the Angry Flower: Tea with Sinistar
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

I just like how peoples make PAC map, If I can too...

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

hbarudi

have 5 emitters and cannot proceed powerzone mortar is very powerful and bertha helps it. how to proceed?

toolforger

Quote from: hbarudi on July 29, 2017, 10:24:33 AM
have 5 emitters and cannot proceed powerzone mortar is very powerful and bertha helps it. how to proceed?

The solution is to try another target first.
There are other power zones that you can conquer.

There are other tactics:
- A cannon on a power zone will resist a five-emitter attack. Surround it with digitalis from as many sides as possible - it will have to split its shots around all the surrounding digitalis, allowing you to proceed. You will likely have to tighten your surround from all sides, alternating between angles.
- When approaching a mortar, remember it will always shoot at the highest creeper in range. I.e. if you with to proceed to a specific point on the map, put your high-creeper end pint somewhat away from the place that you actually want to reach; the mortar will reduce creeper there, but enough creeper should flow to the side.
- Same goes for the Berta: Sure it will reduce your biggest pile of creeper. Make sure that your creeper pile is wide, and work with the creeper that's outside the Bertha's blast radius.
- Covering entire areas with digitalis helps, since digitalis speeds creeper flow so more creeper can escape the blast radius before the next blast hits.

Hope this helps!