Custom Map #607: Dagon 4: Travelling Home

Started by AutoPost, December 25, 2011, 10:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #607: Dagon 4: Travelling Home

Author: Peter Power

Desc:
Dagon sold his goods on Vulcar and is now flying Sarah home but along the way they encounter a battle cruiser attacking a mining ship. It has defensive capacity but needs Dagon's help to power up the laser cannons.

Dalas

I love the unorthodox in all your maps, but I feel that the cannon shots move too fast and are too long (lengthwise, not timewise).  However,  I love the idea of two ships battling in space, and like the storyline of your stories.  Keep up the good work!

SmileyCoder

Impressive. Catchy storyline, good concept, and well executed. Only critisicm would be to make each ships laser shots only work one way. Very enjoyable game, well balanced and challenging.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Katra

Interesting concept; but I found the gameplay rather a slog. The only way I was able to gain any headway was to attack the stern of the cruiser with 2 blasters and a launcher; then build reactors inside the cruiser as I dug my way to the gateway. Added some blasters to go after the emitters once I had enough power.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Fisherck

My favorite part of this map would be how you did so much with so little. Never before has it taken me 9 minutes (really 7 because of that pesky gateway) to take out 3 100k emitters :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

SmileyCoder

Hehe, very true. It is a deceptively simple map :P
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

PeterPower

Wow, I just got back from a 3 day Christmas trip where there was no internet. I left before this map was playable so it's nice to see it was enjoyed. I'm not sure if it was easily figured out but if you immedeately set the 3  anti-creeper makers to level 4 and then move all three to the left, the mining ship will be strong enough to blast into the military cruiser and you can break the engine wall and flood the ship. That is the fastest way I beat it.
Level 5 will be coming along in a few days, hopefully.

joshuad156

Just playing your maps for the first time (Just bought the game a few months ago and slowly working through the custom maps now!)

I can't seem to 'complete' this map.  I destroyed the 3 creepers, collected the 2 holocubes, and can't seem to do anything else.  There is a gateway that is surrounded by Infinite blocks.  What am I missing here?

Katra

Not quite surrounded. There is a diggable path.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

joshuad156

You're right.  I thought I checked carefully for destroyable walls but clearly there they are!  Still, a very fun map.