Custom Map #1357: symmetric

Started by AutoPost, August 16, 2012, 06:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweenie

My strategy: Liberal use of shields.

Wheatmidge

Quote from: Mexxor on August 17, 2012, 03:41:24 AM
Quote from: TypoNinja on August 16, 2012, 09:51:57 PM
So much potential, was enjoying it, even if it was a tad on the sloggy side.... right up till the second last room where the drones started. Then you blew it.

For once is wasn't actually the drones that annoyed me, you didn't commit the cardinal sins of too much HP, or crazy speed.

Lots of blasters backed up by makers per side, still can't hold back the in coming creeper without spamming C-bombs. I don't find the idea of spamming C-bombs and trying to squeeze nullifiers in between C-bomb waves to be even remotely fun.
I did it myself, didn't I?
Did you upgrade the range and fire rate of your weapons?
i needed only 3 blasters on each side, and with one hell of a lot blasters (not really, just something like 15-20) I cleared the whole room (pf course, also with the AC)
You did not even need that many C-bombs i think i used ten or less in that room
Just bomb the creeper storage and all you have to do is to follow the creeper as it goes...

I found that your field work became sloppy after the top area. you didn't set up fields for the anti-creeper to go the opposite way of the creeper so the anti creeper just pools and isn't as useful as it could be since you don't allow repulsors either. I gave the map a thumbs up, but if you would have made the anti creeper fields opposite of the creeper fields(expecially in the drone room) it would have been much better and less frustrating.

Tromain

Was really loving this map, even the drone area, but that last room was mental! Took me 45mins just to clear the bottom room spamming cbombs, makers, and blasters. I could get all the central emitters out of the way, leaving nice large gaps top and bottom, but those corner emitters were a pain in the ass haha.

Still a good map though :)

Mexxor

Quote from: Bongo on August 25, 2012, 08:24:43 PM
It was pretty good. Not epic but not terrible. My only question is:

Did it drive you insane that the map is 32 units across while the Liberation Ship is 5 units across? Did you put the ship on one side and then the other (several dozen times?) Did you hit the screen in agony that you couldn't make the ship 6 units across or add another ship? Did you put a line of infinite Terrain on one side to make the ship be in the middle then put a line of infinte Terrain on the other side to 'even it up' but now the ship wasn't in the middle anymore?

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. I love messing with obsessive compulsives. :) (I used to be one. :P )

Oh my, thats a lot to think about :P, no I have not (yet) hit my screen, also, I didn't really care about the ship ^^ just the map itself, so I love that its 32 units wide and not 31 or 33 :P
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin