Install error on CW

Started by Tola, May 13, 2013, 05:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tola

Okay, so I bought the Creeper World pack just today.  Creeper World 2 installed, no problems.  The original... I've downloaded this thing twice.  My antimalware doesn't even twitch when asked to scan the program, but the instant I try to install it, it's slapped into quarantine for containing a lethal FileRepMalware that was caught just split seconds before it could execute.  Now, I don't believe that for a second-if nothing else, there'd be other reports of the problem-but it does make it impossible to install and play.    I don't want to disable my antimalware program completely, so is there any other way to handle this?

Grauniad

What anti-Malware program are you running?

Could you perhaps disable it long enough to install and then see what happens?

Since you installed CW2, I suspect the Adobe AIR runtime is already installed. In that instance, if you attempt to open the installation package with an unzip program, you can extract the .AIR module from the .exe and double-click on the .AIR module to install that. Maybe your AM product won't object?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Tola

I'm using Avast, which blocks the installation no matter what I try.  I can't open the installation package with an unzip program, either-all my system recognizes it as is an exe.

knucracker

Email me at support@knucklecracker.com and I'll give you a link to the .air file directly.  That might help avast get over itself...

knucracker

Also (and for anyone else who ever reads this thread), make extra sure that you have downloaded the file from the links provided in the email.  There is a main link and an alternate link in the email... you could try both.  The FileRep Avast stuff is basically not liking something about the file when it is compared against the database of known safe exes.  The CreeperWorld install exe has been there a long time and has been installed a great many times.  So in theory that shouldn't trigger an avast filerep problem unless the exe you got actually came from some other site  (unbeknownst to you), or the exe got infected after being downloaded.