Custom Map #836: Grid. By: mrhannibal

Started by AutoPost, July 14, 2017, 01:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #836: Grid

Author: mrhannibal
Size: 320x180

Desc:
Welcome on the Grid commander ! You have two things: Lots of Smart ships ! Lots of Omnis ! Survive the Maze ! ( After playing don't forget to vote my first project, thanks )

traisjames

Great map.  9/10.  Would give 10/10 but it was fairly easy.

ChaosMaster130

Really EvilCorp...1:12 :o

I'm guesing you managed to lathe the core emitter at the start with some fancy maneuvers or something.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

GoodMorning

I'd hazard a guess that the time is not legitimate - but what do I know?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Oiskapunk

I finished the map on second place in 3 minutes and 57 seconds. It was not that hard, clever placement of your smart ships with lathe the omni structures first is needed and after that many of the omnis had to die. But to reach the goal in 1:12 like EvilCorp, i dont know how to do that.

I rated 8/10 cause its a good time challenge map.

Edit: I'm not second place anymore. There are other micromanagement lovers out there.

mrhannibal

Hy, I'm the creator of this map, and it is amazing to see that it is on the third place (by rating map) what I created.
My best time is 5 minute 54 seconds right now, but Im working to improve that...

( my opinion is that EvilCorp is using some kind of cheat that stop every strucute working, and than simply destroy everything and he win within minutes, thatswhy he is the first on lots of maps )

FOXX

Welcome on the Forum, MrHannibal.
I haven't played this Map but it's always nice to see good, fun Maps in the Exchange :)
Hope you make more Maps for the Game.

And EvilCorp -> Name says it All. I also think he has some kind of Cheat.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

mrhannibal

Great, piece of art maps FOXX

( I played the "dragon" one before, it was fun )

Oiskapunk

Yeah, seems like cheating. I testet a little bit on your map.
If you place all 3 omnis, which you give us in the beginning, close to the left side of the "enemy base" without the danger of overwhelmed by the mire during construction phase, they will took about 21 seconds to be build. If they all lathe one target, 27 seconds are played. They can lathe one other object, 33 seconds are gone. After that they will die cause of red mire, 35 seconds.
A smartship needs 34 seconds to build its first lathe weapon (if you place it near an energy mine), and after 45 seconds it has converted one emiter alone by himself.
This testing was made with only this few omnis/ships without a delay of an energy mine.
If you can build every one of the 24 ships at game start without energy delay, and 24 emiters are converted after 45 seconds, 62 emiters are left. 62 divided by 24 ships means every ship has to lathe 2.58 more emiters on average. 2.58 multiplied by 4.7 seconds equals 12.1 seconds. So 12.1 plus 45 made about 57 seconds. Lets say 58 seconds due to tolerances.
4.4 seconds need a ship to collect an item. So 7 seconds to collect them all with the same calculation. Now we are at 1 minute and 5 seconds to reach all goals (even without the omnis to be active).
I say its possible to beat this level in 1:12, WHEN you don't have to move around your ships, all ships are close to a energy mine, energy mines don't lack energy, no ship has to die of enemy cannons or plasma or mire, and all emiters and collectables are in range of the ships and omnis, yes then it is possible to master the map that quick.
To be honest, 1:12 is definitely not possible here.

FOXX

Quote from: mrhannibal on July 15, 2017, 09:08:36 AM
Great, piece of art maps FOXX

( I played the "dragon" one before, it was fun )
Thanks, MrHannibal.
Always nice to hear.

And if someone cheats, at least make it believable :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

mrhannibal

FOXX ---> You are Great !!!

EvilCorp ---> Burn in Hell !!!

Oiskapunk ---> As FOXX said "And if someone cheats, at least make it believable" so Bladeck maybe made this huppen and you are the FIRST !!!

( new personal best: 5 minute 19 seconds )

Oiskapunk

Hehe  ;D

I dont know if Blabecks 3:08 is cheated or not. Maybe its possible, maybe not. In the case he cheated, at least his time is halfway believable.  ;)

Sometimes I ask myself how the cheating is working. Are cheaters programmers and change the code of the game or something like that? Do you need special programs for that? Or can they use a "ingame console" like in other games?

P.S.: What means "huppen"?

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Oiskapunk

Ah, of course. English is not my first language. So i googled "huppen" but found nothing. Haha.  :D

GoodMorning

Nice, straightforward map. Thanks. Also, welcome to the forum.

Once someone is willing to hack, anything is possible. Once you start using or causing 'bugs', you are no longer playing the same game.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.