Old good map and good map maker

Started by Someone, August 20, 2012, 11:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Someone

did anyone miss the old map and map maker like Koenigstinger(rus),chaz,eighttailedfox,link327,lich98,peter power even ebon heart map ??
do they retired alrd or they prepared to make a brand good new map

discuss??? >_<

Someone

knock knock
anybody here??

guess even creeper world 2 forum is death

Grauniad

Not even sure exactly it is that you are asking for?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

if you want people to talk about it, make sure they can understand you.  And no, most of the real big cw2 mapmakers are in cw3 beta, and preparing for the beta.  And the authors you are talking about aren't that old...  I miss old UpperKEES...

EDIT: and no, the forums aren't dead, people just may not be interested.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Someone

sry guys,maybe i am just too noob to make a post -_-
but i dont know which part make them hard to understand

CobraKill

It's the grammar. It makes the post kinda hard to understand. If English isn't your native langauge, you could use google translate to make it more legible and the grammar maybe better. :)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Grauniad

Actually, the one time I used Google Translate to translate from English into Turkish, a native Turkish speaker told me the translation was gibberish. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

SmileyCoder

Quote from: Grauniad on August 21, 2012, 11:42:35 PM
Actually, the one time I used Google Translate to translate from English into Turkish, a native Turkish speaker told me the translation was gibberish. :)

So in other words, it worked just fine? :P
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

MadMag

weekendgamer

I do miss the oldies. . . SPIFFEN, upperKEES, etc. They made great maps
Sorry for the late replies.

TrickyDragon

most of the guys are tied up in beta.... however i have been working on a new concept map here and there and it is looking really good so far but i still have allot of work to do in order to balance it jussssst right....
This is Life,  Life happens.

CobraKill

I will tell you, Peter Power is gone. He's been gone for awhile. I'll check into ATF:3 for you though.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Cavemaniac

I too feel the pain!

It's weird to think that it's only a bit over a year since the heady days of CW2's release and the map makers started to test their skills on this new offering...

MadMag was always my favourite CW1 map maker, but for some reason he hasn't made as many maps for CW2. I have high hopes for him and CW3 - once he's finished actually creating the graphics for the game that is!

Actually, I was thinking that we need some way of keeping the old CW2 maps fresh so they can be discovered by new generations of players - rather like the 'random' maps used to pop up on the CW1 custom maps page.

These days it's normal for a new map to be downloaded 1,000-1,500 times within a week or so, while older maps (unless they're uber-classics like Liberation Pinball) are more likely to have been downloaded 500-1,000 times.

I can only assume that there's more players these days (downloading the new maps) who haven't yet started wading through the back catalogue - and there's some real gems buried back there!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

TrickyDragon

implement the rating system into the map filter when you hit download maps... would be a simple update to game 2 and would allow the new players to get to the "good stuff" 
This is Life,  Life happens.

J

Quote from: TrickyDragon on August 22, 2012, 04:17:05 PM
implement the rating system into the map filter when you hit download maps... would be a simple update to game 2 and would allow the new players to get to the "good stuff" 
Don't remember much good stuff is overloaded with negative votes due their difficulty?
It IS a good filter for newbies without skill though.