Custom Map #8186: AltEmitter - 4. By: -

Started by AutoPost, February 21, 2020, 03:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8186: AltEmitter - 4

Author: -
Size: 201x201

Desc:
Now with lines! Also includes beeping noises! It's a bit bigger this time, and I ran out of ideas half way through. A few changes have been made to how spores and beams work. Did I update the help text? If not: click beams to aim, right click shuts them off. Not quite CSM or normal play. All units are enabled. Related maps: #8116 #8130 #8157

meitemark

Hard one. Had to restart several times (stopped counting after 4), take a few breathing, smoking and thinking breaks.

KingGladiator88

Can you not kill the spore towers in the top with nullifiers?

arby793

I'm sorry I really liked it took me a while but I gave a 10 as I thought non-finishers left a bad score, I probably would have given an 8 or 9 though. Thanks...

yum-forum

Very glad to see number four HCM (Hyphen Concept Mode) map from Master "Hyphen"!  :D

Not played yet but in advance 10/10 and Good lu!

P.S. Perhaps from me soon will be FUSION=CSM+HCM map with several units from Master "Hyphen".
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

-

Whoops... I've been calling them Beams, but they're supposed to be CW2 Repulsors.

Quote from: meitemark on February 21, 2020, 07:25:40 PM
Hard one. Had to restart several times (stopped counting after 4), take a few breathing, smoking and thinking breaks.
I didn't realize how difficult it was; but an easy play might rely heavily on new units.
Spoiler
Repulsors (AltBeam.crpl)  in the first section can isolate most of the emitters there. AC from your starting point can be guided to the left or right as well.
Once you capture a spore tower, aiming it at the next emitter you want to cap will speed things up.
[close]

Quote from: KingGladiator88 on February 22, 2020, 12:15:47 AM
Can you not kill the spore towers in the top with nullifiers?
It might be tricky to get up there early on with the distance, but it should be possible.

Quote from: arby793 on February 22, 2020, 01:16:49 AM
I'm sorry I really liked it took me a while but I gave a 10 as I thought non-finishers left a bad score, I probably would have given an 8 or 9 though. Thanks...
I checked it after the first two ratings; it was at 1.5/10!

Quote from: yum-forum on February 22, 2020, 04:27:28 AM
Very glad to see number four HCM (Hyphen Concept Mode) map from Master "Hyphen"!  :D

Not played yet but in advance 10/10 and Good lu!

P.S. Perhaps from me soon will be FUSION=CSM+HCM map with several units from Master "Hyphen".
Please play before rating the map.  :o
Somehow being called Master reminds me of a coffee commercial...
Anyway, if there's trouble getting the new units to work let me know. Some of them have image ID's hard coded.

yum-forum

Quote from: - on February 22, 2020, 10:45:04 AM

Quote from: yum-forum on February 22, 2020, 04:27:28 AM

Somehow being called Master reminds me of a coffee commercial...
Anyway, if there's trouble getting the new units to work let me know. Some of them have image ID's hard coded.
1. It was not coffee commercial. Sorry if any.
2. Thanks. It will be not problem with implementing your units in CSM because I am getting helps from ScriptMaster Regallion and we already discussed this details with images.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Riskbreaker

got savagedly reckt at the 23min mark...but its really fun, gonna keep trying

Twi

Dealing with that wave of spores is pretty tough, yeah. But it's a fun kind of tough!
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

chwooly

So, I have played, Finished and rated,

Overall it wasn't a horrible map, But for me it was too large, needed terping too much, too many nullifiers to destroy emitters, and that spill of creeper upon an emitters death was so over used in CSM maps that to see it here is just disappointing.  oh yea and LEAVE MY COLORS ALONE!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( I was more upset by not having my AC/C colors the way I have them set then by anything else.   :o :o :o I know it was for artist style or some such nonsense.  8) 8) Yes I did reset it back to my preferred look. I did like the way I could move the gates, the spores at 23 was a nice touch, the white V on the upgrader is greatly appreciated.

Overall I am looking forward to future maps.

Thanks

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

-

I was worried the spore flood would lag too much, guess it wasn't so bad after all.

Quote from: chwooly on February 23, 2020, 11:35:33 AM
Overall it wasn't a horrible map, But for me it was too large, needed terping too much, too many nullifiers to destroy emitters, and that spill of creeper upon an emitters death was so over used in CSM maps that to see it here is just disappointing.  oh yea and LEAVE MY COLORS ALONE!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( I was more upset by not having my AC/C colors the way I have them set then by anything else.   :o :o :o I know it was for artist style or some such nonsense.  8) 8) Yes I did reset it back to my preferred look. I did like the way I could move the gates, the spores at 23 was a nice touch, the white V on the upgrader is greatly appreciated.
Size: Agreed.
Terps: Overterping?
Nulls: Might have a solution to that. (No promises.) I rarely use Nullifiers to finish off the inhibitors so I keep forgetting.
Revenge: I like explosions.
C/AC Color: LOL ... okok, I didn't mean to mess up your colors. That was set to pink and red for Valentine's day, but the map wasn't ready on time... so I just set it to something neutral; same thing with the terrain textures. Removing that color code entirely never occurred to me.

Thanks for the feedback!

chwooly

Yea, It seemed like every where I wanted to move anything to had to be terped to accommodate it, Maybe that was just me. Any way. Yea, the nulls and the size were the true biggest issues that I would like to see managed differently. Oh and the creeper spill upon death. 

How do you get rid of inhibitors without nulls?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

-

I'll keep those issues in mind for the next one. (You won't need to spam Nullifiers again.)

Flooding Inhibitors with AC should kill them, though it's hard to get up to that high ground.
Spoiler
For the one on top left, I dropped a (Mass) artifact to lower the ground under it, waited until the hole filled up, then hit it with the (Convert) artifact to drown it.
There's other ways to do it though; like using the portals nearby, or Terping a bridge across mountains and using the forge Singularity to pull AC uphill.
Oh, right... The spores! If you aim all the spore towers at an inhibitor it'll eventually fall.
[close]

chwooly

Quote from: - on February 23, 2020, 09:48:49 PM
I'll keep those issues in mind for the next one. (You won't need to spam Nullifiers again.)

Flooding Inhibitors with AC should kill them, though it's hard to get up to that high ground.
Spoiler
For the one on top left, I dropped a (Mass) artifact to lower the ground under it, waited until the hole filled up, then hit it with the (Convert) artifact to drown it.
There's other ways to do it though; like using the portals nearby, or Terping a bridge across mountains and using the forge Singularity to pull AC uphill.
Oh, right... The spores! If you aim all the spore towers at an inhibitor it'll eventually fall.
[close]

Ahhh Ok, I almost never use them so forget that I even have them.

Thanks
― Robert A. Heinlein