Custom Map: Hard Art 9: Firebirds

Started by AutoPost, November 24, 2010, 09:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Melissa

Quote from: UpperKEES on November 29, 2010, 02:12:16 PM
Quote from: Miss Melissa on November 29, 2010, 01:19:13 PM
yep.. quite the battle.. horrible time, but hey at least i finished. good times great map. thanks.

Hey, great to see you back here! :)

Yep, this map changed a bit since you played The Artist, so you may have noticed that.

On the other hand it almost seems as if this one is still easier for you than your own map! Or are you just trying to beat all of us on that one? ;)
Good to be back.. All work and no internet makes Miss Melissa a dull girl!
No really!.. as far as my painting map goes.. I just cant beat it.. dont know how i did it when u first sent it to me to test. its on my list.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Miss Melissa on November 29, 2010, 08:31:57 PM
Good to be back.. All work and no internet makes Miss Melissa a dull girl!

Let's hope you'll have internet on your next assignment!

Quote from: Miss Melissa on November 29, 2010, 08:31:57 PM
No really!.. as far as my painting map goes.. I just cant beat it.. dont know how i did it when u first sent it to me to test. its on my list.

Oh, I'm sure you'll make it. Maybe you had some beginners luck the first time? I remember you setting a time similar to mine and I haven't made any changes. Glad you're still playing! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kamron3

Hey, KEES, maybe now that there are spoiler tags, you can release a step-by-step on how to complete the map without ruining it it for everyone else!

UpperKEES

Yes, I will certainly edit the comments for all my maps later this week to use the spoiler tags.

It is impossible however to give a step by step solution for a map like this. Apart from what I've already written a video would be the only solution and I'm not going to do that (although anybody else is free to do so).

I think you should be satisfied with what you've reached after all your effort, because you made a lot of progress. The main key to solve this map is not in a very different approach, but in building more efficiently, so you would have to improve that a little more.

Thanks for playing though; you showed a lot of stamina! :)

DethbyIT

Sure wish I knew the secret to the common statement that "1 Blaster" can cap an emitter.
Working without deficit, the Blasters slowly erode from the emitter and get over-whelmed.
I've tried putting 2 Blasters on each emitter (base plus 3 islands) and everything still melts down shortly past the 18 minute mark.

[Ummm - never mind. I figured out that "capping" (or kapping) does NOT mean putting the Blaster on top of the emitter to control it.]

UpperKEES

Quote from: DethbyIT on January 02, 2011, 01:22:07 PM
[Ummm - never mind. I figured out that "capping" (or kapping) does NOT mean putting the Blaster on top of the emitter to control it.]

Hahaha! ;D That indeed isn't a good thing, see here.