Custom Map #2123: Trivia of Death!

Started by AutoPost, April 02, 2013, 02:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2123: Trivia of Death!

Author: Angel

Desc:
To play this map 'fair' DON'T save at all. :)

Keeper Decagon

I think this is a great idea. I had to restart several times before I even reached the fourth question. :P
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

PeterPower

I knew about the 'Creeper teleport into terrain' trick before but never found a good use for it in my maps. Having the creeper blocking the capsule is a good use... I like it! Sadly, I think I only got 3 right the first try...

Angel

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on April 02, 2013, 09:12:32 AM
I think this is a great idea. I had to restart several times before I even reached the fourth question. :P

The forth question was a problem for me when i was making super gate way, the 1st and the edited version. I had to make the 'Super Gateway's' drones come out after the phantoms sense there were 200. The limit is annoying sometimes, but keep you from having 999999999999999999999999 drones with 0 health and crashing your computer.

The answers
Spoiler

1. 250k
2. 2000m
3. 30
4. 200
5. 250k
6. 8k
7. 4k
8. 23,040
9. 6 (because the drone regens health (.1/.2) before it dies)
[close]

And thank you to anyone who didn't save! :)
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Tromain

Love this map, I rarely beat your maps due to difficulty, but always come back to see the new ideas you throw around, true skill with the editor mate.

Surprisingly it was only the questions about blaster/mortar damages to creeper that caught me out leading to restarts!

Kithros

The answer to the 3rd question is wrong: the game runs on 60 fps if you put it on fast speed.

Also the questions with how much creeper/anti-creeper should have been phrased as 'in 1 subcell' rather than the maximum amount in general - as is those questions don't have correct answers either (and even then, the launcher question is wrong because it does 500K damage to the centre of the blast)

Angel

Quote from: Kithros on April 03, 2013, 06:43:12 PM
The answer to the 3rd question is wrong: the game runs on 60 fps if you put it on fast speed.

Also the questions with how much creeper/anti-creeper should have been phrased as 'in 1 subcell' rather than the maximum amount in general - as is those questions don't have correct answers either (and even then, the launcher question is wrong because it does 500K damage to the centre of the blast)

I guess yes, but i was going off 1 human second compared to the game. I just went with fields. 30fps.
1. Patience.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Angel

Quote from: Tromain on April 03, 2013, 02:52:58 PM
Love this map, I rarely beat your maps due to difficulty, but always come back to see the new ideas you throw around, true skill with the editor mate.

Surprisingly it was only the questions about blaster/mortar damages to creeper that caught me out leading to restarts!

I do like throwing in different stuff once and a while. I'll probably make a #2 of this map. I just like being creative, making new stuff, coming up with ideas. Like the nexus in one of my levels where i froze the drones that came out ;)
1. Patience.

J

Apart from failing 2 times on the third question, I got them all the first time. Nice to see somebody else trying new stuff with fields. I tried to create tic-tac-toe with ground triggers but that isn't really easy. If you want more intelligence you can look for some more triggers in my advanced field/gravity guide, but ground triggers are good enough for trivia maps.
If you are going to make a #2 of this map, you might want open the gate for packets (remove creeper blocking the packets) if the question is right instead of letting the LS fly to a new room.

Angel

Quote from: J on April 04, 2013, 02:46:14 AM
Apart from failing 2 times on the third question, I got them all the first time. Nice to see somebody else trying new stuff with fields. I tried to create tic-tac-toe with ground triggers but that isn't really easy. If you want more intelligence you can look for some more triggers in my advanced field/gravity guide, but ground triggers are good enough for trivia maps.
If you are going to make a #2 of this map, you might want open the gate for packets (remove creeper blocking the packets) if the question is right instead of letting the LS fly to a new room.
I did actually think about the dig packet thing last night before i saw this. I probably will use it.
1. Patience.