Custom Map #2124: Rebirth Part 4

Started by AutoPost, April 02, 2013, 09:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2124: Rebirth Part 4

Author: Keeper Decagon

Desc:
The Styglek weren't very pleased with your interference on the previous world, to say the least. The friendly emitter has sent you co-ordinates of a rendezvous point, but the trip does not go as smoothly as expected...

sblob

I have just started playing custom maps (this being the first one).
Is there a trick to getting through the 4 rocks (with the blue crosses in them?).
Please could you tell me how I break through?

Angel

Quote from: sblob on April 05, 2013, 04:42:45 AM
I have just started playing custom maps (this being the first one).
Is there a trick to getting through the 4 rocks (with the blue crosses in them?).
Please could you tell me how I break through?
Some gateways, if set by the map maker, can dig ANY block with a blue 'x' on them. One of the gateways does, just can't tell which until they start digging.
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Kithros

Personally, I think using dig gateways for undiggable blocks is a horribly overused trick in maps that doesn't really add anything to the maps, but yeah, you need to leave a dig gateway alive (and have a path to the block that doesn't have anti-creeper in the way) to destroy them.

sblob

Aha! Thanks so much.
Looks like I will have to start over. The packet was obviously getting destroyed by the anti-creep.
I don't think I will start over though because its a mission. Seems silly to have to try to work out which one is the correct portal to keep open.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: sblob on April 05, 2013, 08:56:42 AM
Aha! Thanks so much.
Looks like I will have to start over. The packet was obviously getting destroyed by the anti-creep.
I don't think I will start over though because its a mission. Seems silly to have to try to work out which one is the correct portal to keep open.

I tried to make it so that the Anti-creeper from the ships does not interfere with the packets, and also
Spoiler
ALL of the gateways can dig.
[close]
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE