unable to buy creeper world with PayPal

Started by wolf rulez, July 06, 2011, 09:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf rulez

Hey,

I just tried to purchase cw 1&2 but could do so with my paypal account... I did get the money from my bank account to the paypal one, but once I try to purchase it, it says I need to get me a credit card (which I don't have, nor wish to get)...
The very first reason I created a paypal account was to buy things from the web without the need of a credit card, so I found it rather strange one needs to have both to get cw...

Didn't have any problem like this in the past with this, and if someone knows a solution to buy cw 1 & 2 without the need of getting yet an other card please chair your wisdom with me...

Thanks in advance,
Wolf

Ps: I do live in Europe, maybe that's part of the problem?

knucracker

I assume this is a message you are seeing while you are in the paypal portion of the purchase process.  If so, paypal is requiring a linked credit card before they will process the transaction.  If you have an unverified account, you may have exceeded a sending limit (just a guess).

I'm no expert on the matter, but this link from a quick google search may help:
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal/PayPal-Forcing-Me-To-Add-Credit-Card/td-p/277534

You can also contact fastspring ( info@fastspring.com ) with any issues at all during purchase and they will tell you what is going on.

wolf rulez

Your assumptions are correct I'm afraid  :(

Well I do have a verified paypal account, and used to have the correct amount of money ready (since I live in the European Union, global course changes made the games a 3 cents 'more expansive' so if things get solved I'd need to have a bit added to the account... So if they accepted the paypal immediately it was already paid... 

I've send a mail to fastspring so maybe things get solved soon? Else I'm afraid CW will become a unachievable dream :(

CobraKill

They say 8 hours or less not on weekends, holidays, or off-hours.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

wolf rulez

Thanks guys, things are solved now :-) Currently downloading CW2 as I would have to refill my account with an additional 3 cents to buy both, since that would take an other 2 days and I grow rather impatient I decided to buy one and the other one later...

Thanks for the advice,

Wolf