Are we going to see any updates to CW1?

Started by Timwi, January 02, 2012, 06:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timwi

I'm still looking forward to seeing some updates to CW1. For example, the map preview in the custom map selection screen is still broken. Is this ever going to get fixed?

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

Quote from: Timwi on January 02, 2012, 06:35:09 AM
I'm still looking forward to seeing some updates to CW1. For example, the map preview in the custom map selection screen is still broken. Is this ever going to get fixed?

There is still one more update (as far as i understand) for CW1, sometime in the future, to introduce 'Survival Mode' (as in CW:E).  So maybe it might get fixed.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

mthw2vc

There is (technically) a CW1 update in beta.

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

Does anyone posting here actually know how the map previews might be "broken?" I can't see anything wrong with them.

mthw2vc

I suppose Timwi is pointing out the fact that they show terrain and background, but nothing else and perhaps that the brightness of each terrain level is set to the default regardless of the settings of the map itself.

Grauniad

Ah. I guess it depends on the definition of "broken" then. :)  Some might call it WAD (Working As Designed). :)

Timwi

Not very encouraging — I take this as a no then...