mobile devices?

Started by kevindude6, February 22, 2010, 05:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on February 26, 2010, 04:24:35 PM
Hmmm, I have a Nokia 5800 (with 640 by 360 touch screen) running on Symbian OS (with flash support).

OMG, in hindsight, how fortunate for Virgil he didn't, since Symbian is destined for the trash-can of failed innovations. :)

Destroyer333

I would believe that the app would work on the Ipad rather well.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 07, 2011, 10:24:36 AM
Quote from: UpperKEES on February 26, 2010, 04:24:35 PM
Hmmm, I have a Nokia 5800 (with 640 by 360 touch screen) running on Symbian OS (with flash support).

OMG, in hindsight, how fortunate for Virgil he didn't, since Symbian is destined for the trash-can of failed innovations. :)

Not sure if Symbian failed after years of market domination, but their share will definitely get surpassed by Android over the next years (although a lead for Symbian is still predicted up to 2014), see here. The funny thing is that iOS (by Apple) will never have had a leading position at all, while it maybe had most influence on the innovations.

I think it's a good thing that Virgil never developed CW for any mobile OS, because I can't see myself playing conveniently on those tiny screens....

By the way, are you starting to bump threads as well now? :o
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Echo51

The ipad would be a possible platform, but the actual userbase for that would be too small unless it's a quick and dirty port ;)

(ipad.. still a pretty fun thing to mess around with!)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Omegatron

Quote from: Echo51 on April 06, 2011, 03:35:18 PM
The ipad would be a possible platform, but the actual userbase for that would be too small unless it's a quick and dirty port ;)

(ipad.. still a pretty fun thing to mess around with!)
There are other tablets running android that might be good platforms too.

Echo51

Good platforms, probably with some slight GUI changes... but probably not practical to convert it to sadly :/
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Jeff

they should have creeper world for iphone

Ebon Heart

the problem is, I-phones don't support flash, to my knowledge, and even if they did, it would be such a small screen... your collectors would be all outta whack and everything. It'd just be a pain.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!