Creeper World 3

Started by Ginger88895, August 18, 2011, 01:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger88895

make a game called creeper world 3 and the goal is to destroy other races with Loki race... :P
It lets us taste the feeling of being the creeper nexus :P

allu

1.How you control creeper nexus then?
2.What wouldbe your goals?
3.Control fields to target creeper flowing?
4.Get some resources per a.covered area  b.destroyed enymy buildings?
5.Use resources to storngern emitter/build news ones or build gateways or send droids?
6.select what land to be digged ?
7.what would be story line?  a.nexus vs platius race?  b. nexus vs humans? c. nexcus vs NHA? d.nexcus vs something else?

There is something to you to think about.

J

I like the idea, it's creeper, new gameplay and a new story.

allu

you could have tried to answer my questions about gameplay/story so it would make your answer much more clear. Btw i only hope for ONE thing fmro cw3(or whatever comes next) MULTIPLAYER.....tought it may only stay as my dream :(

Ginger88895

Nexus can't move. You can purchase Emitters using creeper dollar. Creeper Dollars are earned by the cover area. The goal is, of course destroy all critical building. Some times you'll also have to destroy some units. You'll also earn CDollar if you destroy weapons(excluding That naughty Nullifier,destroying weapons need cost).If you Base(Nexus) has been destroyed(Attention: Blasters can also damage Nexus, and Nexus can emit a little amout of creeper every 5 seconds, probably 15K.)
There're field which are really expensive to buy, but you can't custom events and directions. Like gun field, bomb field, etc. The lightning area is your creeper plus 5 cells. You can build Tech Emitter which absorb creeper to get techs like increase emitter effiency etc. You can also buy gateways, but you can't decide phantoms, drones. You can make digspots, shields(like the LS shield but stops creepers and anticreepers decay them), but they're also hard to purchase, really expansive.
Loki+Styglek vs Platius/human/NHA/AL(aka Anti-Loki).
Quite hard to plan which place you'll flow, since in some levels there are premade blasters, bunkers even makers, AC Emitters, AL, ND(aka Negative Drones, Fight with Drones if contact.)
Can also implement cw3 with CW1(Like the loki level). :P :P :P :P :P :P

allu

Quote from: Ginger88895 on September 23, 2011, 08:43:10 AM
Nexus can't move. You can purchase Emitters using creeper dollar. Creeper Dollars are earned by the cover area. The goal is, of course destroy all critical building. Some times you'll also have to destroy some units. You'll also earn CDollar if you destroy weapons(excluding That naughty Nullifier,destroying weapons need cost).If you Base(Nexus) has been destroyed(Attention: Blasters can also damage Nexus, and Nexus can emit a little amout of creeper every 5 seconds, probably 15K.)
There're field which are really expensive to buy, but you can't custom events and directions. Like gun field, bomb field, etc. The lightning area is your creeper plus 5 cells. You can build Tech Emitter which absorb creeper to get techs like increase emitter effiency etc. You can also buy gateways, but you can't decide phantoms, drones. You can make digspots, shields(like the LS shield but stops creepers and anticreepers decay them), but they're also hard to purchase, really expansive.
Loki+Styglek vs Platius/human/NHA/AL(aka Anti-Loki).
Quite hard to plan which place you'll flow, since in some levels there are premade blasters, bunkers even makers, AC Emitters, AL, ND(aka Negative Drones, Fight with Drones if contact.)
Can also implement cw3 with CW1(Like the loki level). :P :P :P :P :P :P

Seem pretty interesting and could work whit plaftrom of cw or cw2 but could be totaly new game also( or new game mod in cw3 :double campaigns bouth for NHA and Creeper) Just needs balance.

Ginger88895

That's great. You can fight as Nexus and NHA!

zerithos

for an idea on this wether or not u play as the loki
suggestions

1:special builder drones that build an ultimate version of a building that is 5times better but cost 5 times more[drones have to be built].
2: ur own drone portals that for 5 packets create a drone 5 additional packets for each  super drone tier
3: expansion on anti-creeper anti-creeper nexi.
4: military buildings focused on improving and creating weapons[can only be created by a builder drone].more ideas on the way [by the way drones build unbreakble terrian [or shields dependding on how many packets u spend] to protect the super buildings].

Ebon Heart

Quote from: zerithos on September 25, 2011, 12:37:56 PM
for an idea on this wether or not u play as the loki
suggestions

1:special builder drones that build an ultimate version of a building that is 5times better but cost 5 times more[drones have to be built].
2: ur own drone portals that for 5 packets create a drone 5 additional packets for each  super drone tier
3: expansion on anti-creeper anti-creeper nexi.
4: military buildings focused on improving and creating weapons[can only be created by a builder drone].more ideas on the way [by the way drones build unbreakble terrian [or shields dependding on how many packets u spend] to protect the super buildings].
At least take the time to spell everything out, and use the auto correct, seriously. Your, not ur You not u depending not dependding whether not wether And above all, think a little before making a post.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Echo51

Also think about balance, which is one of the things you'll have to tinker with alot.
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Ginger88895

Yah Balancing is what I really need to think about.
Going to exploit cw2 and find some balancing algorithms.
Maybe first ignore all anti-creeper nexi, nega drones and drones etc.
Also, Virgil will be ULTRA BUSY on writing AI!
Or Make it multiplayer that one control NHA and another Nexi. :-*

allu

Definitly balance is problem but throught testing it can be achieved(fairle good atleast) and multi would be good cause 1.programming cpu to play humans would be hard 2.human would always be harder enemy and human behaivior is harder to know than ai behaivior. So multi solves many problems but multi itself is problem definitly. Tought human vs human in cw would be magnifizent.

edit. i wouls say its much more fun to play against human player also.
So i say cw 3v whit multiplayer options and playable creeper. Lets just hope virgil agrees whit me:)

Ginger88895

Aye Human vs Human will be a bad idea. Know what'll happen if nullifier destroy a libration ship for fun?
That'll will mess up NHA and NEXI will win again

aattss

Surprisingly, I already came to the conclusion that creeper world 3 would be with the creeper. However, I believe that you are a bit wrong, you should not be able to buy emmiters.

1. You should be able to control phantoms and units.
2. You should get currency based on the map, or if you add the ability to make more power-generating things.
3. You should be able to upgrade emmiters.
4. You should be able to, to a limited extent, make fields to control creeper flow.

Ginger88895

Quote from: aattss on October 01, 2011, 06:15:56 PM
Surprisingly, I already came to the conclusion that creeper world 3 would be with the creeper. However, I believe that you are a bit wrong, you should not be able to buy emmiters.
1. You should be able to control phantoms and units.
2. You should get currency based on the map, or if you add the ability to make more power-generating things.
3. You should be able to upgrade emmiters.
4. You should be able to, to a limited extent, make fields to control creeper flow.
We can buy emitters, and those bought emitters has only 1K/1s. The starting Nexus is 5K/1s.
1.No you can't play with phantoms... Instead Phantom will play you a little by sending AC and hurt your emitters
2.Yes based on your creeper coverage. That doesn't make chamber of creeper too powerful because of its low energy generating, and a sea of creeper will be great!
3.Yes you can upgrade emitters since the starting is 1K/1s. You can (1)Decrease Time (2)Increase Density (3)Increase Max Density
4.You can buy field templates but not design fields. Like buy a mortar field, a gun field, a flamethrower field, a mushroom-field, a fix field and so on.