multitouch-function will enable intermistic multiplayer use :)

Started by Willjax, August 12, 2011, 01:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willjax

First of all, i will asure you that I have searched this forum for a topic alike to this, but no match :)

My suggestion is that CW is made into a multitouch game. In that way you could play it multiplayer (more players on same team) on a SmartBoard or any other touchsurface. I think CW is perfect for the matter already.

The challenge could then be, that one player took the right side of the map, the other the left side. The players then should cooperate in how energy is being destributed equally (or unequally) on both sides of the map.

That is only one idea to how the teamwork could be, if the game allowed Multitouch.

SO....is i possible? :) 

regards!
Willjax

thepenguin

CW for Smartboards, could be possible, but I don't think AS3 supports multiple pointing devices @ once, so you just have to be sure not to touch @ the same time :)
We have become the creeper...

Jay the Juggernaut

Wow! That'd be fun (my 6th grade math teacher had a smart board...and I have creeper world 2  ;) ;) )
About the touching at the same time, well, it makes it in the middle. Don't ask how I found out...
I'll mostly be lurking as a guest, not much into posting anymore. :P

thepenguin

Quote from: Jay the Juggernaut on August 14, 2011, 06:27:56 PM
Wow! That'd be fun (my 6th grade math teacher had a smart board...and I have creeper world 2  ;) ;) )
About the touching at the same time, well, it makes it in the middle. Don't ask how I found out...

I know, it's annoying
We have become the creeper...

Echo51

You'd need to use a device supporting multi-touch, which means a ipad or custom driver for the smartboard, along with support in the game for this.

also, not gonna happend in the near future ;)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Jay the Juggernaut

Quote from: Echo51 on August 15, 2011, 05:09:31 PM
also, not gonna happend in the near future ;)
Yeah, we're just imagining the awesomness.  :D
I'll mostly be lurking as a guest, not much into posting anymore. :P

CreeperSlayer

Good idea but why not just add a multiplayer option into the game and play over internet...duh :P The bad part is where you said take opposite parts of screen??? I don't think it will work to well. If each player can place at ANY part on the map then if one guy is about to die, the other can go "OMG, MY PARTNER IS ABOUT TO DIE!!!" and then build a blaster to help him out, or a SAM, or a mortar, etc. this will also allow each person to gather their own energy and help each other out. Plus, to reduce lag, you could have your allies buildings invisible so you can build over it, then the space would not be used up so quickly and lag would then be greatly reduced.

That is all I can think of.

CreeperSlayer.