Main Menu

energy storage

Started by THIS_IS_SPARTA!, July 16, 2011, 05:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Because having limitations is what makes a game fun. This will force a player to think and makes choices. What's the best thing to do is this particular situation? The available units and upgrades still allow for many different tactics and strategies.

When you would be able to beat every map the same way the game would become rather boring. For instance: build 10 reactors and 10 tech domes. Increase reactor + tech dome efficiency by many upgrades. Then increase weapon firing range + rate to a very high level. Beat the map with just 1 blaster + 1 launcher. Possible (and probably very time consuming), but also very boring.

Think about it: being restricted is what creates an interesting problem to solve. Being able to make the right choices is what makes you a good player instead of someone who just moves his weapons forward every few seconds. That's what fighting is about in my opinion.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

CreeperSlayer

Quote from: crazyone76 on July 17, 2011, 05:00:00 AM
just dont forget......

Amen to that. A great commander always watches his surroundings carefully...so as said above. just don't forget......

CreeperSlayer.

goku90504

personally i'd much enjoy having more storage for one you don't always have room to build up your plants to +60 so extra storage would give you more time to run your weapons full out also trying to move large quantites of AC via vacuming and producing else where extra ore storage would be useful there

Karsten75

As was said before. Every game carries inherent restrictions (rules). In soccer, for instance, you may not touch the ball with your hands. It may be much easier to grab the ball  and run with it to the opponent's goal rather than having to kick or head-butt it through the goal.  But all soccer players live with that restriction and compete within the same rules.

The rules of CW is what they are. They apply equally to all players on every map. Sure, there are any number of restrictions that can be altered and or removed, but then the dynamic of the game will change.

In early testing versions of the game, there was a key that you could press for an instant win. Guess how much fun that was? Didn't matter how much of what the opponent threw at you, just press the button and you win the game. Was that fun? No.  Did the beta testers press the button? Yes. :)