Training Sim. updates

Started by LOL, June 25, 2011, 12:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOL

I've been Lo(o)ki(ng) at the Creeper World Training Simulator and it looks like it needs to be updated, because the colored orbs are not there,( ???) and they are there in the real game.  If the Training Simulator is not up to date, then it's not as fun. :(

knucracker

There will be a new flash game release based on CW1 coming up in the next few months.  It will be state of the art for CW1.

UpperKEES

Or just buy CW1 and get the colored orbs (also known as the packet filter) for free. ;) When you buy CW1 + CW2 you'll only pay $14.95 for the two of them....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ebon Heart

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 25, 2011, 01:36:55 PM
Or just buy CW1 and get the colored orbs (also known as the packet filter) for free. ;) When you buy CW1 + CW2 you'll only pay $14.95 for the two of them....
buy the game and get packet filters for free? lol. But the game is worth the money, for more reasons than the packet filters.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Blaze

Why don't they have Packet Filters in CW2?
They do have more advance tech, so why not Packet Filters?

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Blaze on June 26, 2011, 12:26:17 AM
I don't think it's really needed as much in creeper world 2. Plus, where would you put the packet filters? It'd just look wrong on the LS

J

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 26, 2011, 12:53:50 AM
where would you put the packet filters? It'd just look wrong on the LS
If you click OC you'll find them also in the bottem left
Coud be possible with LS too

Ebon Heart

Quote from: J on June 26, 2011, 07:27:53 AM
Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 26, 2011, 12:53:50 AM
where would you put the packet filters? It'd just look wrong on the LS
If you click OC you'll find them also in the bottem left
Coud be possible with LS too
I'm aware of this... So it's probably either
A: Virgil didn't have time, or
B: it wasn't worth it with the cw2 game mechanics.
I think B, since packet filters in cw2 wouldn't really be that useful, considering you can deactivate or disarm every unit, whereas in cw1, you only had that option with weapons.

Ytaker

It's like how the plasma pistol and the pistol pistol got balanced for the second halo.

They had more advanced technology but for balancing reasons the weapons were nerfed harder than Captain Falcon in SSBB.

CW1 had lots of cool technology that no longer exists in cw2. Because it didn't fit the themes of the game or was removed to promote balance.

TonyP2000

Plus you don't have to build speed and storage units, that is all handed by tech domes and upgrades.
Vote Tony!

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Ytaker on June 26, 2011, 10:34:25 AM

It's like how the plasma pistol and the pistol pistol got balanced for the second halo.

They had more advanced technology but for balancing reasons the weapons were nerfed harder than Captain Falcon in SSBB.

CW1 had lots of cool technology that no longer exists in cw2. Because it didn't fit the themes of the game or was removed to promote balance.
The only cool technology in cw1 you don't get in cw2 is drones. cw2 reactors are sort of a combination of collectors and reactors from cw1, and tech domes take the place of speed and storage.... and launchers are kind of the new and improved mortars.

Ytaker

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 26, 2011, 11:53:59 AM
The only cool technology in cw1 you don't get in cw2 is drones.

That's one.

Quotecw2 reactors are sort of a combination of collectors and reactors from cw1

Before you could cover every square of the map with reactors. Now you can only cover the edge of blocks, and only in one direction. Hence a nerf, so you'd have to think about reactor placement.

Quote, and tech domes take the place of speed and storage....

They require huge, ever increasing amounts of power to make, and constant power to run. Speed and storage don't. Storage doesn't. Hence a nerf.

Quoteand launchers are kind of the new and improved mortars.

Eh, all the weapons are notably weaker. Before they could fly over creeper with no damage. I'd prefer the old launchers.

Kithros

Quote from: Ytaker on June 26, 2011, 02:46:14 PM

That's one.

Before you could cover every square of the map with reactors. Now you can only cover the edge of blocks, and only in one direction. Hence a nerf, so you'd have to think about reactor placement.

They require huge, ever increasing amounts of power to make, and constant power to run. Speed and storage don't. Storage doesn't. Hence a nerf.

Eh, all the weapons are notably weaker. Before they could fly over creeper with no damage. I'd prefer the old launchers.

First off, if I could make reactors cost only 5 energy to build in CW1.. then my scores on pretty much any map with reactors would not be beaten (with a few exceptions)

Tech Domes also can cover for many storage/packet speed upgrades as opposed to needing to build more constantly (more or less negating the upkeep cost), and they also upgrade other things such as -20% unit cost and reactor efficiency which will by far make them pay for themselves.

As far as weapons go (and truthfully, this applies to all points), the game engine is completely different, and there is no realistic way to compare the amount of creeper or the effect of units to CW1, there is no way to prove how many units of creeper in CW2 is equivalent to 1 layer of creeper in CW1.

Ytaker

Quote from: Kithros on June 26, 2011, 03:33:01 PM
Quote from: Ytaker on June 26, 2011, 02:46:14 PM

That's one.

First off, if I could make reactors cost only 5 energy to build in CW1.. then my scores on pretty much any map with reactors would not be beaten (with a few exceptions)

Not if reactors produced half the energy and could only be built on the edge of walls. Plus, in game, they cost slightly over 6 since you have to dig through walls.

QuoteTech Domes also can cover for many storage/packet speed upgrades as opposed to needing to build more constantly (more or less negating the upkeep cost), and they also upgrade other things such as -20% unit cost and reactor efficiency which will by far make them pay for themselves.

Ehh, they're slow enough that on a lot of maps there's no point to building them. On maps where you do want to build them you tend to have to build farms to upgrade yourself which costs huge amounts of energy. Having energy storage or speed would be much more energy efficient, and faster too.

There are upgrades in the tech dome, but there are nerfs too.

QuoteAs far as weapons go (and truthfully, this applies to all points), the game engine is completely different, and there is no realistic way to compare the amount of creeper or the effect of units to CW1, there is no way to prove how many units of creeper in CW2 is equivalent to 1 layer of creeper in CW1.

Yes, hence I didn't compare the damage, I compared the fact that in one they take damage from floating over enemies, in another they don't.

Blaze

You do know that CW2 is from a side view and not a top view, right?
Hence why you can only build Reactors on the sides of blocks.