Custom Map #2813: Puzzler - 2

Started by AutoPost, February 21, 2017, 01:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binz

P.S.: If I'm not mistaken, destroying a nexus in an obliteration map equals end of mission regardless of the amount of creeper left, right?
So I subconciously assumed I had to let the nexus spawn because it would otherwise end (i.e. fail) the mission.

Karsten75

Quote from: Binz on August 03, 2017, 12:39:11 AM
P.S.: If I'm not mistaken, destroying a nexus in an obliteration map equals end of mission regardless of the amount of creeper left, right?
So I subconciously assumed I had to let the nexus spawn because it would otherwise end (i.e. fail) the mission.

Yep.

Bongo

Point of clarification. There is a "bug" (feature) where killing a Nexus does NOT kill all the Creeper. It has to do with the order of processing a frame:

1. Determine which Emitters will make Creeper this Frame
2. Nexus Whole Map Destruction (including Emitters)
3. Emitter (that no longer exists) makes Creeper

You see this occasionally when a Nexus dies in the SAME FRAME as an Emitter making Creeper. IF an Emitter makes Creeper in every frame, then it is 100% guaranteed that the Nexus will NOT destroy the residual Creeper, unless it is ALSO within the blast range of the dying Nexus. I'm also fairly certain that other Nexuses (and their Emitters) make Creeper on every frame.

If you have residual Creeper after a Nexus death you can many times replay that part and take the Dark Beam off the Nexus to make it die one frame later.