Questions from prospective map moderators

Started by Grauniad, September 06, 2011, 12:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekira84

Thank you very much  :)

Don't worry about me spamming, lol. I've had it to deal with a million times so I know how annoying it is.  :-*

1 map every six month, that's more than do-able. If I enjoy it as much as I believe I will i'll be playing every single map!

Thanks again for the reply. :)

Karsten75

Quote from: Ekira84 on May 05, 2012, 03:42:01 PM
Interested in becoming a map moderator... That's an understatement! It's so me  :D

This being my first day on the forum, and also my first post means I have a ways to go before applying at all, but I do have a couple of questions anyway  :P

Is there an age restriction on being a mod? (I'm 28 so it probably wouldn't apply but it might be prudent to set a restriction so under 16's, 18's don't bother applying at all. I can imagine that some of the people uploading maps can be quite offensive...  :-\)

Can a map moderator still upload their own custom maps?

Is their a required amount of maps per week that each mod has to view? If not, there should be, lol. It's never fun to carry a team, speaking from experience as a chatroom mod and a forum mod.

Finally.. In regards to the minimum of 50 posts needed before applying to be a map mod, do all posts count? For example, I'm more likely to post comments on others maps than get into forum conversations so will that count?

Cheers ears in advance   :-*

Twice in your first post I see you are already telling us how things should be done...   Hang around for a while, get a feel for how we do things. We're generally very friendly and don't like lots of controversy. Less rules, but we make them up as we go along.

As for the rest, you can upload and vote on your own map. No problem.  Posts I believe is quality over quantity. As a mod somewhere else you should know what we think of people spamming to increase post count.

The 6-month inactivity limit has been discussed, but never implemented. So every person that has ever been a map moderator is still, as of today, a map moderator.

Ebon Heart

I'm 15 and a map moderator. Originally Virgil was planning to have an age restriction, and I complained about that to no end. I go to a public high school, I'm not going to get offended and sue KC over a few F bombs, or a pixelated creeper drawing of a body part. :P (truthfully, I think the reason for the lack of age restriction is that Virgil made all the betas mapmods for the initial testing without thinking about it)
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ekira84

To be fair, nothing shocks the younger generation anymore. In hindsight I can't see why the younger generation shouldnt have a say over what makes a good map and what makes a bad map. I would guess that at least 50% of CW players are under 18.

Can I just apologise to anyone offended by my first post while I'm here. I didn't mean to come across so.. Bossy? Snobby? Anyway sorry. :)

Be kind, rewind, and I'll speak to you all in the forums a some point I imagine. :)

Imposter

More of a comment than a question but...

I'm interested in being a map moderator, but it says to wait til you have at least 50 good posts. Gonna take me a while since I'm a man of few words...

Ah well, still get to play most maps eventually anyways :)

Side note: In the map moderator rankings, what's the difference between losses and harmless losses?

Grauniad

Quote from: Imposter on August 01, 2013, 08:52:13 PM
More of a comment than a question but...

I'm interested in being a map moderator, but it says to wait til you have at least 50 good posts. Gonna take me a while since I'm a man of few words...

Ah well, still get to play most maps eventually anyways :)

Side note: In the map moderator rankings, what's the difference between losses and harmless losses?

If you ask, the worst that can happen is Chani will tell you to ask again later.

Harmless losses is where the uber-mods took a soft action on the map so as to not injure the ranking of any voting moderator. I'd have to dig deep to find an example.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon