Mission: Do all members

Started by SmileyCoder, January 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileyCoder

Quote from: Wheatmidge on December 04, 2012, 12:09:58 AM
ste was intense, that took way too precise of energy usage at the beginning. But it is done. Anyone who wants a challenge should try it.

/Impressed :)
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

florrat

Quote from: Wheatmidge on December 04, 2012, 12:09:58 AM
Anyone who wants a challenge should try it.
Thank you for the suggestion, it was indeed a great challenge. Took me quite some retry's and reloads  :)

Loren Pechtel

sh1977 is routine.

But sept1973 has me stumped.  It's one of these nasty ones with a drone base with access to the surface.  It's also horribly short of build space.

scoutrfw is an experimental cakewalk.

florrat

sept1973 L/H is done.

@Loren Pechtel: Attached is a screenshot of how I started (90 seconds after the start; just before the first phantom wave and the break free of the 10hp drones. Note that I picked up 3 gems from the left of the map). It was good that the surface emitter was pretty weak, otherwise the map might be impossible.

Helper

Dazora L/H is done (SmileyCoder)
DBN L/H done (teknotiss)

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: florrat on December 07, 2012, 05:15:05 PM
sept1973 L/H is done.

@Loren Pechtel: Attached is a screenshot of how I started (90 seconds after the start; just before the first phantom wave and the break free of the 10hp drones. Note that I picked up 3 gems from the left of the map). It was good that the surface emitter was pretty weak, otherwise the map might be impossible.

It's the early drones that really give me fits.

Loren Pechtel

Helper

MadMag M/H
Done and fun. Gravity and build make it different. A good time will be under 5:00

SmileyCoder

Quote from: Helper on December 08, 2012, 02:18:35 PM
MadMag M/H
Done and fun. Gravity and build make it different. A good time will be under 5:00

Not much of a challenge unless you try to speedplay it. There is no threat to contain, and you can buildup till your ready. I did try a semi-speedplay and managed to get a time of 6 min 3 sec.
TheSmileyCoder

SmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoder

Helper

Quote from: SmileyCoder on December 10, 2012, 05:55:38 AM
Bump, updated first page.

Excellent!
I keep forgetting to check the online scores and end up being the second finisher.
This will help forgetful folks.
:)

Helper

deathly_god5 L/H
Done - worth playing, but not a great game.

SmileyCoder

Those I personally find fun, are those with early breakthroughs, and/or limited buildspace. If the threat is contained from the start and you have free time for building, it gets boring rather quick imo.
TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on December 10, 2012, 04:52:50 PM
Those I personally find fun, are those with early breakthroughs, and/or limited buildspace. If the threat is contained from the start and you have free time for building, it gets boring rather quick imo.

Yeah, without something to challenge it's no big deal.

Death Maker has an exposed emitter that's not much of a threat.

DeadWorld is likewise no big deal.

Deadhooker has a supertitan in the basement.

DeaconSlim is a build-all experimental cakewalk.

Davie1982 is routine

Tromain is routine

sir kameel is routine.

samboni has a breakout but it's not a serious threat.

ryleythecool has me and I think it's impossible.  The biggest problem is a volcano just to the right of center.  (An emitter with a field that vomits up the creep onto the surface.)  I was barely keeping that at bay (and probably wouldn't have been able to keep doing so) but defending against the dozen phantoms was out of the question.  The left is going to break through fairly quickly and in not too long a bunch of strength 19 drones will break out into the volcano.  There is no place big enough to dig into, the center-left has stones and the far right has an ore block in the way.

ryk421 has me also although I'm not going to call it impossible as there is a space to dig in and a tasty gem.  Virtually the entire surface of the map will quickly flood and drones hit me just as I was about to collect the gem.

Ronini has an emitter with surface access but there's more space and no fields.  It's only a minor hindrance.

Ringo is routine.

redz12 is tricky.  An exposed emitter will quickly flood most of the surface, there's one little corner you can defend (although I had creep on my ship at one point) and you'll have to defend a breakout into your base.  (I was able to seal it off with repulsors.)

Helper