Mission: Do all members

Started by SmileyCoder, January 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheatmidge

erase is done. Very challenging map, surface emitter and drones.

Wheatmidge

Eric  
Eriy  
eruditorum  
essentialatom  
eudrick  
  Evil Roc    

All done

Loren Pechtel

UoAdeadeye

Loren Pechtel

TonyP2000

Trot_Rot
trumble
TRYER
TT
TTophat

Nothing special but all fun in their own right.  :)
Vote Tony!

TonyP2000

I also beat:

Turbularburn
tugberk turkey
Turtled

I also tried to beat Tunnen and Twi. Both have surface emitters, surface drones and phantoms. I didn't feel like it trying again after losing...  :P   (Although turtled also has surface drones and emitters)
Vote Tony!

TonyP2000

I did some more!

Z
Zac503
ZACH

I tried Zack, Its probably easy but I did not feel like fighting the 8 phantoms.

For those of you who want a challenge, try Zackron (small/high) surface titan emitter and drones. Have fun!
Vote Tony!

Wheatmidge

zackron  done
it was a fun challenge, held back the surface emitter with shields and blasters to take care of the drones. Eventually built up enough energy for a dark beam and then it was simple.

Jarin

Not a member name here, but I was inspired by this thread to check out the names of my friends elsewhere, and found a really fun one. Carmichael Micaalus has one of the best mission-start challenges that I've yet seen. Long-term, it's not horribly difficult, as it's an experimental map, but surviving the first few minutes and getting established enough to set up that first dark beam is rather enjoyable. I found a rather weird start solution, but I'm curious to see how some of the more skilled players around here would do it.

2b3o4o

Quote from: Jarin on April 15, 2012, 01:37:31 PM
Not a member name here, but I was inspired by this thread to check out the names of my friends elsewhere, and found a really fun one. Carmichael Micaalus has one of the best mission-start challenges that I've yet seen. Long-term, it's not horribly difficult, as it's an experimental map, but surviving the first few minutes and getting established enough to set up that first dark beam is rather enjoyable. I found a rather weird start solution, but I'm curious to see how some of the more skilled players around here would do it.
That's nothing, try 132 large/high. Or, try one which is impossible because of large amounts of creeper; boo large/high.

Karsten75

Quote from: 2b3o4o on April 15, 2012, 02:01:18 PM
That's nothing, try 132 large/high. Or, try one which is impossible because of large amounts of creeper; boo large/high.

When you say "that's nothing" I assume you have managed to post a score? If not, please don't make small of other players' achievements.

In fact, searching under your forum name, I find no custom maps that you have posted a score on. That despite the fact that you are a map moderator. So either you post scores using a different handle or you don't post any scores at all. Which is it?

Jarin

And I did say that it was fun, not that it was impossible. There's plenty of impossible surface-emitter maps out there. This one is perfectly beatable. It just took me some work to figure out HOW. I was mostly curious to see if someone better at the game would come up with the same solution I did, or something fancier.

Karsten75

Quote from: Jarin on April 16, 2012, 12:01:21 AM
And I did say that it was fun, not that it was impossible. There's plenty of impossible surface-emitter maps out there. This one is perfectly beatable. It just took me some work to figure out HOW. I was mostly curious to see if someone better at the game would come up with the same solution I did, or something fancier.

I had a look, but I wasn't fast enough to dig in underground, which would be the way I'd attempt that map. I got close, but I suck at energy and build management in CW2. Much more so than I did in CW1.

Jarin

Digging in was my solution, after dying on the surface about 20 times. I then proceeded to die a few more times until I got the shield/repulsor/conv.bomb ratio worked out.