Custom Map #825: 2.12 A Second Try

Started by AutoPost, February 12, 2012, 10:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #825: 2.12 A Second Try

Author: Link327

Desc:
The Final Battle begins - the Station is finished and now you will have to fight it. You got 16 Seconds to prepare first defences, use them wisely...

Ebon Heart

Lots of fun... and I actually have the high score on a map for once! :D
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

DethbyIT

Agree that it was a fun game. Lots of shooting and Creeper crushing.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: DethbyIT on February 12, 2012, 11:23:06 AM
Agree that it was a fun game. Lots of shooting and Creeper crushing.
I still want to know how I got almost half your time. :P i don't think I've ever beats you on a map before. (granted, i don't actually play many maps...)

J

When playing with a nexus you must be lucky to do much damage to the nexus/conversion bomb (you can't damage the nexus when there's creeper in its cell, time between CB detonation and next emit determinates how much damage you do to the nexus). Nice neuxs challenge.

fitz

Quote from: Ebon Heart on February 12, 2012, 10:12:39 AM

I remember saying something along those lines once  ;)

Ebon Heart

Quote from: fitz on February 12, 2012, 12:49:40 PM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on February 12, 2012, 10:12:39 AM

I remember saying something along those lines once  ;)
Noooooo!!! How dare you?! >_<

fitz

I remember saying something along those lines as well once (Map #567, it still haunts me) 8)

Mozai

I'm having troubles with this map -- the enemies will usually destroy the Dark Laser before I can clear a path to it, sometimes in the first five minutes.  I'm pretty certain I need that to demolish the Nexus and finish the level, but I cannot build a new one.  I've been playing and forced to restart every 5-7 minutes.  :(

How can I make sure the Dark Laser isn't destroyed before I can put a double-wall of blasters around it?

Karsten75

Link's maps are notoriously hard for me - I seldom even try to play them). I guess that it's a matter of randomness. My defense would be to not try for a double wall of blasters, since the drones are stronger than that. Instead build many, many structures to reduce the chances of the drones taking it out.

Laithaldien

Uff ... now I know how to beat a Nexus with just one Dark Beam. Just add a few dozen Blasters to help with the drones. And a constant stream of Bombs.

As for the start, here's what I did:
You have 16 seconds. Build Reactors (and upgrade) so you can sustain the Beam, only then start firing. Create a protected area around the Beam with Mirrors to keep the support path clear.
Above the Nexus is a single safe line where you can place Mirrors as well, so the Beam will almost constantly hit the Drones. This should keep their numbers low enough so they don't leave the Nexus.
Now you can build up.