Custom Map #2107: Oil spill

Started by AutoPost, March 24, 2013, 03:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2107: Oil spill

Author: renaultfreak

Desc:

yum-forum

Nice, tricky and perfectly well map! Thank You!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Grauniad

There must be some blindingly obvious scheme that I'm overlooking here?  Don't post a spoiler and ruin it.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

MadMurphy

What about this map is causing you problems?

Grauniad

Quote from: MadMurphy on March 25, 2013, 08:24:34 PM
What about this map is causing you problems?

Like in any map that one has a problem with - how to beat it? :)  OR maybe, given the range of times, how to beat it in the 8-10 minute range.

I suspect I'm overlooking a crucial point, but I can't see any way to achieve the fast times by digging down.

teknotiss

G, perhaps a scientific approach may yield a positive result?   ???
  :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

Nope, tried twice. see that the creeper and Ac both initially compress and convert, but then It seems I have to dig to the stuff to... do something.

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on March 27, 2013, 11:10:56 AM
Nope, tried twice. see that the creeper and Ac both initially compress and convert, but then It seems I have to dig to the stuff to... do something.

well i ...
Spoiler
dug down and went for the CBomb tech, took a few reloads till the drones were in the right places to give the packets time to get to the tech
[close]
... then it's easy
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

The old idiom then, of not going through the rock, but around it... :)

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

teknotiss

Quote from: PMouser on April 02, 2013, 08:34:48 PM
dont work
what doesn't work?  ???
when you ask for help most users would be happy to provide help if they can, but knowing exactly what the problem is for you would, well, help ::)
edit spelling!