Version 1.0.2 Preview

Started by knucracker, October 21, 2016, 02:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

The steam beta branch for Particle Fleet has been updated with build 1.0.2b1.1.0.2b2.
Please give it a shot and let me know if you have any major problems. 
[Right click the game in steam and go to "Properties".  Then select the "BETAS" tab. Select "Beta" from the dropdown on that page]

The change log is in the game and will show up when you first start it.  I've fixed a range of bugs, and also added and energy consumption display. I tried to be as surgical and sniper like as I could with that feature rather than make some giant whirly-gig that didn't actually help play the game. 

I have also added a few options on the advanced settings menu.  If you have been experiencing crashes in 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 doesn't seem to help, try some of the options on the advanced menu.  In particular, try the "Use Synchronous Scene Loading" option. If you have a really weak machine, check the "Mute Music" toggle on the advanced menu to save a few more CPU cycles.  And if you have some corruption and need to force unlock all missions, there is a toggle for that too.

Sorrontis

THe energy bar is great. Seriously, just playing with it for a few minutes I got used to how it fluctuates based on the progress of a ship and the likes. Kudos on that!

1] CITG - nice, we can see who's there... possible improvement? : current page # / total # of pages
2] I see what you mean by collapseable ring when in recall mode (can't seem to change recall range from 25 though)
3] No issues found as of 21st [23h45]

Otherwise, Sorrontis out.

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

12345ieee

Linux, v1.0.2 has forgotten my UI scale setting.

No matter what I do, it's always maxed at restart.

-----

UIscale is a decimal number in the XML, are we having dot/comma issues again?

----------

Yes, can confirm that you didn't fix the linux language issue, I see the old sprite issues again.
Putting 'LC_ALL=C' back fixed it again.

Seems a devious bug, it might be faster to include a shell script to set LC_ALL and launch the game instead of trying to fix it.

---------

Another question, how do I get the changelog back after badly dismissing it? If it isn't possible now, maybe make the "Version 1.0.whatever" clickable.

knucracker

So in your GameSettings.xml file, you only ever see 1 or 2 for the UIScale?  You don't see "1.4" for instance?

To get the change log back edit this line in your GameSettings.xml
<LatestChanges>1.0.2</LatestChanges>
Just make it say anything other than 1.0.2 (removing it is also fine).

I'm doing another beta build today (1.0.2b2).  So check back later today if and try the beta branch again.  I've potentially fixed another issue with the locale stuff.  1.0.2b1 wasn't properly setting it (there is a big difference between .net 2 and mono 2 when it comes to CultureInfo I've learned).  If 1.0.2b2 doesn't fix the locale issue, I'll pursue the shell script path...

12345ieee

What I meant is that I saw '1.1', so I imagined you had a locale issue, and seems I was right.

Thanks for the LatestChanges thing.

knucracker

Ahh... I see.

When you set your locale from the shell, do you still have the uiscale problem?

12345ieee

No, everything is perfectly working.

knucracker

Ok, yeah its all locale based.  The UIScale field is a floating point value. If it says "1.2" and your locale wants a comma then it is getting read as "12".  If it says "1,2" and your locale wants a dot, it also gets read as a "12" (I can easily test that latter scenario).

I might just change the value to an integer to avoid this whole potential problem.  The locale stuff will get fixed one way or the other, but even with that I could make things more robust by just using an integer in the gamesettings.xml for uiscale.  Currently, the values go from 0.5 to 2 in increments of 0.1.  So 0-15 could represent the same thing.  Note I will use a different name in the xml for this (UIScaleI) and in the next build you will have to set your scale again since it will default to 1.0 (uh 5).

12345ieee

Quote0-15

Do a favor to yourself and leave room before '0', you never know..., I'd use 5-20.

And yes, in the xml there is always x.y, regardless of locale, and with it_IT PF was reading it as xy (11 in my case).

knucracker

1.0.2b2 has been pushed to the steam beta branch.  If you don't have it already, restart the steam client and it will update.  The release notes in the game will show again and have some additions at the top.

If you are on linux in a country that uses commas for floating point numbers, give it a go without the shell fix and see if it works.  I give it 50/50...

tanelorn

Has anyone else noticed that the energy use values can be very high and yet your stores do not deplete? I often see a 100 energy usage with far less production and still my stores remain full. In general I think this is great but there seems to be some calculation issues.

Also, it would help newer players if the usage was actually labeled. You are left guessing what that number actually is. For that matter, it isn't clear what colors on the production bar are mine and land.

knucracker

The usage calculator is averaged over 1 second so it can lag actual usage by that amount of time. In highly variable cases this can lead to values that appear too high or too low for a transient time. If anyone finds a case I can reproduce where the demand outpaces supply and the store stays full all for more than 1 second, I definitely want to take a look and see what is going on.

12345ieee

So, 1.0.2b2 report:

* Linux locale works, thanks a lot Virgil
* Reproducing the issue @tanelorn talks about is pretty easy, you just need to involve omnis and their reactor upgrade.

I could try digging more, but I'm sure Virgil can do it better than me.

exostum

Beta 1.2 glitches :

- Various graphical bugs (emitters and energy source invisible and other stuff) See screenshot for difference between 1.1 and 1.2

Windows 10 pro X64 / AMD RADEON HD 5450

Bug report end / Have a nice day. A message from Exostum Fleet Corporate
My Work in progress Maps (On hold for now)

yum-forum

Maybe it because I still use old version?

P.S. Not yet tried new version because waiting for non-Steam new version.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last