Map Editor questions

Started by chwooly, September 30, 2016, 04:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharnellius

Quote from: planetfall on October 17, 2016, 11:35:37 AM
Save and load clears all playing animations.
Yes, just noticed that.  Thanks for the heads up.  That helps at least!

Szling

Quote from: Kharnellius on October 17, 2016, 11:02:23 AM
Is there a way to wipe the particles and remove the explosion effect so that the start of the map doesn't show a ton of particles exploding?  Kind of looks bad.

I recently made a map where I wanted some "wheel" formations at the start but none spawning through the level, I found that if  you set emitter max particulate to 0 then that emitter will stop producing particulate while not effecting any others, then I simply pause the game and set all the emitters back to the particulate count I want after I am done editing the rest. 

Also I can't find how to draw struc on a map, could someone please direct me to the appropriate button/menu?

Exodus Legate

Quote from: Szling on January 04, 2017, 12:31:08 PM
Quote from: Kharnellius on October 17, 2016, 11:02:23 AM
Is there a way to wipe the particles and remove the explosion effect so that the start of the map doesn't show a ton of particles exploding?  Kind of looks bad.

I recently made a map where I wanted some "wheel" formations at the start but none spawning through the level, I found that if  you set emitter max particulate to 0 then that emitter will stop producing particulate while not effecting any others, then I simply pause the game and set all the emitters back to the particulate count I want after I am done editing the rest. 

Also I can't find how to draw struc on a map, could someone please direct me to the appropriate button/menu?

Drawing struc is in the same place as it is in regular maps, (in the few maps where you can do it), just with more options- slightly above the bottom bar, left of center.

Szling