Very strange map

Started by Karsten75, February 29, 2012, 07:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Haven't played this one yet, but I've not come across another like this.

ground morning it

knucracker

This was a pretty cool map.  That massive open cavern ended up being a nice place to fight in.  It wasn't a very hard map, but that's how I like 'em.

Karsten75

At the standard settings med/med, it sure isn't hard, but don't try Large/High - it is a killer ...

Epsilon

I can't remember the thread I first saw it in, but party the of L/H was interesting as well. It's so open, in fact, that you can't get a beacon on the emitter at the bottom.

lich98

Quote from: Epsilon on March 01, 2012, 12:05:27 AM
I can't remember the thread I first saw it in, but party the of L/H was interesting as well. It's so open, in fact, that you can't get a beacon on the emitter at the bottom.
I didn't go look at the map but if you could get the LS down to the emmiter it would be in beacon range
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Kithros

It reminds me of qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,. large/high - that one was really crazy, I don't think that one can be beaten without LS drone evasion.

Kava09

ground morning it - mission completed.

Thank you for the tip! This was great :)

By the way, party the of, while not being difficult, is very fun too

Kava09

Quote from: Kithros on March 01, 2012, 11:26:09 AM
It reminds me of qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,. large/high - that one was really crazy, I don't think that one can be beaten without LS drone evasion.

Really hard one! But I did it WITHOUT drone evasion! :)

Ebon Heart

pics or it didn't happen. If you can really do that, I think you've just outranked Kithros. :O When I first saw this map, I had no doubt in my mind that it was impossible. :P
PS: I saw your score, I believe you beat the map. I don't understand how it can be done without drone evasion/hacks, though.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kava09

qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,.

This map is really special, so here is detailed explanation.

First of all, take the white diamond

Spoiler
[close]

and fly down to the large cave.

Spoiler
[close]

After that, build a lot of reactors, nullify the gate, and build a lot of shields to crush all drones. After nullifying the gate, build 2 blasters. 2 of them is not enough to kill hard drones, but you will be able to weaken them, before they crush into a shield, and shield will survive.

Spoiler
[close]

Step back, build one more blaster and try to hold on. You should be very accurate to survive.

Spoiler
[close]

After that, you should go under the ground. Build 2 more blasters, and slowly move back, while building new city.

Spoiler
[close]

Next, when I played this map for the first time, I used complicated repulsors & dark beam & shields defensive strategy: I waited for the field to turn upwards then killed creeper with dark beam and under protection of repulsors build fresh line of shields.

But this time, I managed to make enough reactors for permanent dark beam operation, while step-by-step moving back from the creeper.

Spoiler
[close]

That's all folks. Good luck and have fun :)

P.S. Don't joke like that... Nobody can outrank Kithros himself... :P

2b3o4o

Quote from: Kava09 on April 16, 2012, 10:47:18 AM
It's time for...A head to head competition! :P

Karsten75

Quote from: Kava09 on April 16, 2012, 10:47:18 AM
qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,.

This map is really special, so here are detailed explanation.

First of all, take the white diamond

[snip]

You may well rank yourself with the ultimate elite players...  amazing.

Ebon Heart

I agree, I am impressed. I think we should have a tournament of epic players some time. :D *gets thinking* It's actually not a bad idea, we can find some hard code maps, or create difficult custom maps... there are possibilities. :D

mthw2vc

The problem with such an event is that you need a very strong player to organize it... :P

Ebon Heart

Do I hear a volunteer, mth?